XBOX 360 or PS3?

Guest JCroz91

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant i just hook my ethernet cable to my laptop and use that to get my wireless internet in the basement?

You need a crossover cable or 2 Ethernet cables with a switch, and then you need to bridge the two connections together. It works, I did it before my 360 was next to my router.

lol wtf? pics? almost seems easier to buy the thing from xbox

It is. Pat's way requires a cable that isn't super common, or a network hub or switch. Then you have to monkey around with the windows software to make it work. If you aren't really computer inclined, just buy the wireless adapter from microsoft.

wireless bridge sucks, run a piece of cat 5 to your router.

xbox live is def better than ps3's online setup. we get more broken ps3's than xbox's down at the shop.

Live is better but psn is free. I find it hard to belive you have more broke ps3(not saying you don't). I've had the rrod three times in a year don't even play the pile of shit. I've had the YLOD one time after two years on a 60g. sony's fail rate is under 15%.

I love my ps3, but it has had it's share of problems. I hade to replace the blu ray laser about a year ago and the latest 3.01 firmware update makes movie playback skip every once and awhile. Hopefully the next update fixes the issue.

Other than that, it has been pretty solid since owning it from launch.