Whats your opinion?

Lost1888

nancy-pelosi.jpg

Windfall Tax on Retirement Income

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below...............

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement. This woman is a nut case! You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds! Alas , it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!

This woman is frightening.

She quotes...' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this?), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' (I am not rich, are you?)

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied:

'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'.' (Read that quote again and again and let it sink in. 'Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it'.

Edited by Lost1888

:confused::confused: Time will tell what exactly? The whole premise of your thread is false. What are you trying to prove here? Or, is it just to continue stereotyping people's political beliefs?

...quoting Rep. Pelosi as disdaining 2005 and 2006 stock market gains and endorsing a 100% on windfall profits gained from stocks (with the proceeds to be "redistributed to the poor and working class") does not correspond to anything she actually said or proposed. It's a parody based on extremes of Democratic stereotypes - expressing scorn for corporate profits, favoring huge tax rates for high-income earners, wanting to confiscate money from the rich to give to "illegal immigrants" and "unemployed minorities" - that was written as a bit of pre-election satire and falsely attributed to a pair of New York Times reporters. The following year, someone reworked the piece (shown in the second example above) to insert the equally false claim that Rep. Pelosi's non-existent windfall tax proposal would include retirement income as well as stock market profits.

Surprsingly, it was billionaire investor Warren Buffett who, back in 1987, put forward the notion of slapping a 100% tax on the profits from some stock sales.

WTF is the title? What's your opinion in your own words! That's all I want to hear. Not you linking snopes. We are headed this way in my view and time will tell if we actually get there.

Oh, ok. Then I guess my opinion is that your information is inaccurate and trying to promote political stereotypes, and based on that - this "Windfall" thing isn't going to happen because it's never had any serious traction in our legislature. :)

Oh, ok. Then I guess my opinion is that your information is inaccurate and trying to promote political stereotypes, and based on that - this "Windfall" thing isn't going to happen because it's never had any serious traction in our legislature. :)

Thank you! That's all I wanted!

So, Mr. Lost, what are you planning on doing with all these collected opinions? Are you saving these up to stick in the "I told you so" bank?

Don't ask for any bailouts if it doesn't happen... we're tapped out. :p

Nope no I told you so. Just want to see opinions. Hell I can barely remember last week let alone might happen years from now. My question for you is. What are you so defensive about. Did I say anything to offend you? Am I wrong for wondering what other people may think of feel about this topic. Don't you learn from talking to other people and trying to get their point of view?

Honest to God, That's all I wanted to do. If you pay attention to the type of posts i make I rarely if ever stir shit! Most people that know me can verify that I am not an instigator! Sure the political topics in themselves can create static but it's not my intent. But you will think what you want until you meet me. Than you may see differently. That's all I can really say.:rolleyes:

For the bailout comment the Country has been tapped since before I was even born! BTW I didn't ask for a bailout. In fact I emailed my congressman Steve LaTourette with my dissatisfaction of the bailout. Whether it was worth it or not.

Whatever your opinion is the OP is a lie is fine by me. I will not criticize you for your opinion. Just want to see what ya'll have to say.

I guess I may've come off defensive, but c'mon... you posted something that's a blatant piece of misinformation. That's like me asking an opinion about your vagina. Did you ever say you had a vagina? No, but if I ask for opinions about it, that might imply you do. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but you get the point. Whether you intended to stir shit or not... that's what you're going to get when you post political items, you know that.

By all means, gather your opinions - that's great. Everyone is entitled, but I will sometimes point out opinions that are baseless or contain non factual information, and granted I don't do it tactfully all the time - though I do usually refrain from name calling or swearing.

Props to you for taking action (sending an e-mail) to voice your dissatisfaction. Whether I agree with you or not - actions get things done, not opinions.