Progressive Insurance

zeitgeist57

I've used Progressive online since 2001 for car insurance, and have been pleased with how cheap they are and easy to deal with. Even after a two-year speeding-ticket streak between my wife and I, rates were as low as I could find. When I moved to Florida, the call center people were very helpful in rewriting a new FL-state policy. Great company!

After a clean record for a few years, I rearended a Prius at low speed with my '82 pickup truck back in September. It was a stupid intersection decision from the bitch and I was following too closely to stop in time. $2,800 in damage to her car, and nothing to my truck. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was upset because I was certain that my rates would skyrocket. I just renewed my six-month policy this December and noticed no increase, as well as notation on my statement of the accident (following too closely) and a same-day record of forgiveness from Progressive.

As long as I don't see anything pop up in June, I'm DEFINITELY sticking with them for the long run and would seriously recommend using them for car insurance.

I switched from progressive because they dont know the difference from a CTS-V and a regular CTS. I even offered to show the agent the car and his response was "We go by the VIN # and that car is a CTS-V".

I went with Geico (whom classified my car correctly) and they just paid for some repairs that were under my deductible simply because I have a new car.