in dash nav.

Ryan218

i want to do a double din in dash nav in the jeep i have. but all say they will not fit. and i dont want want that motors out then the screen flips out. ive found one i like and would like to use this one. i figured someone would make a new faceplate for it or something?

that or any of you have a double din in dash nav in your grand cherokee like mine?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC310/Pioneer-AVIC-U310BT.html?search=Pioneer+AVIC-U310BT+&ssi=0&tp=20212&tab=other_items

I don't think that would be to hard to make fit if you don't mind hacking up your center dash and then working with fiberglass to make it look good. I am sure any audio shop would be able to help you out there.

well CCA wants 800-1000k in labor to put that head unit in so forgettt that. and im not really a fan of a huge 7" inch screen so looks like ill just buy a garmin.

i need something that is very up to date on new developments.

Good luck. I have the lastest 2010 maps on my Garmin, and there are still a bunch of places near my house it knows nothing about, which is annoying. And if Garmin doesn't know about it, I doubt any of the other GPS brands out there do either.

very true. anyone have used one of these?

factory in dash nav from a jeep? a guy i was talking to at the dealership said that back when they first came out they werew great and very up to date and with up date Cd's there still good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-07-08-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Navigation-RB1-Radio_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439c870e69QQitemZ290388905577QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo