It's just a stereotype, Muslims aren't violent!

Casper

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said.
Good lord... Muslims really are just violent people apparently. Even the one's trying to convince us they're not are beheading their wives. Beheading. Not stabbing, shooting, poisoning, running over with the car, etc. Beheading.

:nono:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said.

art.ny.beheading.cnn.jpg

Muzzammil Hassan has been charged with murder in the death of his wife, Aasiya Hassan.

Muzzammil Hassan was charged with second-degree murder after police found the decapitated body of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, at the Bridges TV station in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, said Andrew Benz, Orchard Park's police chief.

Hassan was arrested Thursday.

His wife filed for divorce January 6, and police had responded to several domestic violence calls at the couple's home, Benz said.

Hassan went directly to the police station after his wife's death and confessed to killing her, Benz told CNN. Benz declined to give further details.

Attempts to reach an attorney for Hassan were unsuccessful, and his family didn't return calls from CNN.

He had two children, 4 and 6, with his wife. He had two other children, 17 and 18, from his previous marriage.

He launched Bridges TV, billed as the first English-language cable channel targeting Muslims inside the United States, in 2004. At the time, Hassan said he hoped the network would balance negative portrayals of Muslims following the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The station's staff is "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya Hassan and the subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan," a statement from Bridges TV said.

"Our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victim," the statement said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/16/buffalo.beheading/index.html

Good lord... Muslims really are just violent people apparently.

are you being serious dude? i know a few muslims, and even though i strongly disagree with with their religion, they are awesome people, who would never kill anyone for any reason

are you being serious dude? i know a few muslims, and even though i strongly disagree with with their religion, they are awesome people, who would never kill anyone for any reason

And how many people believed the same thing about this guy? You realize he was a leading advocate of peaceful Muslims, right? And my remarks are satire, nothing more. Just food for thought.

And my remarks are satire, nothing more. Just food for thought.

:cheers:

And how many people believed the same thing about this guy You realize he was a leading advocate of peaceful Muslims, right?

I do realize that, but youre condeming millions of people based on a few rotten people who dont understand their own religion. Every major religion has been misunderstood by a group of people, and people have died. You cannot substantiate any stereotypes of a group of people where there is at least one person who doesnt fit into a stereotype.

And how many people believed the same thing about this guy? You realize he was a leading advocate of peaceful Muslims, right? And my remarks are satire, nothing more. Just food for thought.

It'd be kinda like Buddha, Gandhi, or Mother Teresa goin' ape shit & cuttin' someone's head off :rolleyes:

It'd be kinda like Buddha, Gandhi, or Mother Teresa goin' ape shit & cuttin' someone's head off :rolleyes:

he pulled some crazy ass shit! apparently he wasnt as serious about peace as Buddha, Gandhi or Mother Teresa in the first place, so its not the same, your analogy is suggesting that he was a peaceful muslim, and all of a sudden, he snapped, and changed..we dont know that. This guy does not understand the basic principals of his own religion, or he did, and he had no faith in it, and decided to kill his wife.

your analogy is suggesting that he was a peaceful muslim, and all of a sudden, he snapped, and changed..we dont know that.

Actually that was the point of this thread. We do know that. He was very outspoken about Muslims being peaceful people and a bad few giving the majority a bad reputation. His analogy is dead on. This guy preached peace and unity, then beheads his wife.

so what if he preached it, look at the whole catholic priest thing that happened, they preached sexual morality and some went off and had sex with kids... do you think they truly believed 100% that what they were preaching was true? or do you think they just slipped and fell into temptation, and temporarily went against their beliefs and were willing to accept the consequences? I believe it could go either way.

But regardless of why he did it...bigotry is wrong, and i believe americans are dehuminizing muslims and arabs to the point where they dont even see them as stereotypes because the potrayal of barbaric arabs have been so deeply rooted in our heads since we were kids

It's not Muslim on Christian violence though... so it's ok.

Christians seem like peaceful people, until you hear about them raping children and the Wars fought in God's name.

<cough>thosewerecatholics</cough>

christians are supposed to be peaceful people, along with muslims, budhist, hindis...like i said before, some people dont understand their own religion, peace is talked about all over the new testament...but traditionally, most christians believe in war (not sure why) and alot of other beliefs that arent biblical (like smoke a cigarette and you will burn in hades for eternity)

Edit: Looks like JERM beat me to it.

nah man, im not downing on christians, i was making my point about people who dont know what they believe...i am one, just not the crazy religious kind, im the kind that does my best to live by what the bible says, along with my own convictions, and not shoving bibles down peoples throats, once again, more stereotypes!

Edited by jermattak

It's not Muslim on Christian violence though... so it's ok.

Christians seem like peaceful people, until you hear about them raping children and the Wars fought in God's name.

Where did we say it was OK Justin??? And please......Show me one of these Christian wars fought in God's name......In the last what.....4-500 years, let's say??? The Crusades were over 700+ years ago....Me thinks someone's just itchin' for a debate tonight 33.gif

I'll grant you the priestly molestation......As if I didn't see that one coming from a mile away....But I'll also take a couple things in return:

1) ALL catholics have had to endure the ridicule & shame for YEARS now, because of what a couple dumb ass priests did. Why should muslims as a whole, be entitled to or expect any better treatment?

2) Molestation is an entirely different animal than brutally beheading somebody. 2 totally different levels of heinousness there!

3) Beheading is a typical punishment in mid eastern countries. King Hammurabi shit.....Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Standard operating procedure over there. You steal something.....Get your hand cut off. Rape someone.....Get your johnny cut off. Americanized wife wants divorce from peaceful islamic husband TV host'cause she's tired of walking 10 feet behind him and wants to "be an american woman now", embarrassing him greatly & threatening his masculinity & stature amongst his male islamic peers.......Get her head cut off

Edited by Fonzie

Eye for an eye... that almost sounds like.... the Old Testament.

We're fighting a Christian War right now, just not in a violent physical sense. The Christians vs. the Muslims (US vs. Iraq - you can't tell me there aren't some undertones there), the "anti-Christian-ification" of America vs. the atheists and agnostics. There's battles being waged now, and there's some underhanded dealings afoot, but no "bloodshed" per se.

I'm not itching for any debates, just pointing out the problems with all organized religion. It's flawed. Religion should be personal, not organized. You want to organize - fine, do so in the name of the community, or in political spirit, or shared interests like motorcycling. Not in the name of religion. People do crazy stuff in the name of deities.

When was the last time you heard someone go, "Well, I had to kill the guy because the leader of the DTC told me so"? :)

We're fighting a Christian War right now, just not in a violent physical sense. The Christians vs. the Muslims (US vs. Iraq - you can't tell me there aren't some undertones there), the "anti-Christian-ification" of America vs. the atheists and agnostics. There's battles being waged now, and there's some underhanded dealings afoot, but no "bloodshed" per se.

:confused:

Not in the name of religion. People do crazy stuff in the name of deities.

When was the last time you heard someone go, "Well, I had to kill the guy because the leader of the DTC told me so"? :)

That cums after you drink my Jim Jones kool-aid :D

Eye for an eye... that almost sounds like.... the Old Testament.

I'm not itching for any debates, just pointing out the problems with all organized religion. It's flawed. Religion should be personal, not organized. You want to organize - fine, do so in the name of the community, or in political spirit, or shared interests like motorcycling. Not in the name of religion. People do crazy stuff in the name of deities.

I just want to know if you really believe that? Never once was religion a factor and I have been to every part of that county. You better get your stuff straight on that one, Oil? Maybe, WMD's? prob never find any. Did we "invade" Iraq, some think so, you kind of have to, in order to remove someone from power. But religious undertones? Come on man! That is so far from the fact you have no idea.

I just want to know if you really believe that? Never once was religion a factor and I have been to every part of that county. You better get your stuff straight on that one, Oil? Maybe, WMD's? prob never find any. Did we "invade" Iraq, some think so, you kind of have to, in order to remove someone from power. But religious undertones? Come on man! That is so far from the fact you have no idea.

You know I would agree normally with this stance, but then you have to wonder when Bush supposedly says stuff like this,"I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

Then you have to step back and wonder what some people's motives really are for doing things and they just don't say because of their position (at least aren't supposed to say.)

You know I would agree normally with this stance, but then you have to wonder when Bush supposedly says stuff like this,"I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

Then you have to step back and wonder what some people's motives really are for doing things and they just don't say because of their position (at least aren't supposed to say.)

Bush is an Idiot and didn't run a damn thing over there. There was never any push for religious domination there. You of all people should know that what ever Bush says you have to just decipher and take with a grain of salt.