Internet/Domain legal question

zeitgeist57

Oh...I already registered for columbuscarsandcoffee.net last night. However, I like Columbuspitbrew.com/.net also...wanna set something up with me? :)

LOL @ godaddy coupons on fatwallet...it's stupid how easy I also found those on Google. Saved me a bunch on other names I have registered for renewals at the same time last night as well.

I don't think I've ever bought a domain name without using a coupon. LOL

As for working with you on something, I hate to say this but I don't think I have time. I'm on the board of directors for Ohio Motorcyclists for Children, working on putting together Roll On Columbus, running Ohio Riders, working a fulltime job, and trying to go back to school. I hate to say this because I'd love to be a part of it, but I just can't right now. Sorry dude. I will help out with whatever I can though.

Ben, seriously...you buy the domain names and I'll work to get something together website/event related. I'm not spending a dollar more on websites outside of Columbus Cars & Coffee, but I'd be happy to talk to bars/restaurants about something for Columbuspitbrew.com/.net...

I'm confirming with Block's Bagels about an eastside Columbus Cars & Coffee venue at their spot on McNaughton right now as a second CC&C spot for 2010.....I have no problem cold-calling businesses until we find one sympathetic to discounts on beer or appetizers...maybe do a "driver's special": 2 beers, one appetizer for one low price. :)

I have no problem cold-calling businesses until we find one sympathetic to discounts on beer or appetizers...maybe do a "driver's special": 2 beers, one appetizer for one low price. :)

One word: Liability

Due to the time of day this would occur, how many dumbasses in Hondas do you think would show up before things got out of hand.

Just my opinion...

KillJoy

That's a good point about liability...though I intended on "2 beers" as sort of a cap to the event. You wanna drink more after that, you're on your own somewhere other than the columbuspitbrew.com venue...

Also, anyone in attendance is old enough to drink so shennanigans are kept to a minimum. It's not any different than VW gatherings at The Barley's Brewhaus...

One word: Liability

Due to the time of day this would occur, how many dumbasses in Hondas do you think would show up before things got out of hand.

Just my opinion...

KillJoy

+10000000

Some of the dumb ricers I saw this summer would wreck this quicker than they wreck their cars. I mean these are people who think it is a good idea to put spacers and give a hood rake rather than make it fit correctly...

Clay let me know if you need any help with this.

No disrespect to the two of you, but the only reason "dumbasses in Hondas" show up at events is because you're probably used to going to a supermarket parking lot in the middle of the night...where you don't get carded, and you're in a residential neighborhood. Of COURSE you're going to get bored high-schoolers tooling around after 11pm!!!

Along the lines of your logic, anything would be awesome until "dumbasses in Hondas" came around. "Man, that was a great Blue Jackets game until those dumbasses in Hondas came and ruined it for everyone!". :lol: If columbuspitbrew were to work, it would be controlled, in a nice environment like The Elevator, or a place that already caters to the car crowd like QS&L. It would start at a normal time (say,7pm) and be done in a couple of hours or so.

However, I'm not doing anything with it unless someone else buys and registers the domain names...

No disrespect to the two of you, but the only reason "dumbasses in Hondas" show up at events is because you're probably used to going to a supermarket parking lot in the middle of the night...where you don't get carded, and you're in a residential neighborhood. Of COURSE you're going to get bored high-schoolers tooling around after 11pm!!!

Along the lines of your logic, anything would be awesome until "dumbasses in Hondas" came around. "Man, that was a great Blue Jackets game until those dumbasses in Hondas came and ruined it for everyone!". :lol: If columbuspitbrew were to work, it would be controlled, in a nice environment like The Elevator, or a place that already caters to the car crowd like QS&L. It would start at a normal time (say,7pm) and be done in a couple of hours or so.

However, I'm not doing anything with it unless someone else buys and registers the domain names...

This is all fine and good, but (at least at QS&L) the events, where alcohol is advertised, are promoted by the establishment, not a 3rd Party at their location.

Also, nice Ninja-ish edit on your reply to my Post.

;)

KillJoy