Remington's ACR

Scotty2Hotty

I prefer the ACR over the SCAR in MW2.

Seriously though, I did not really care for the feel of the SCAR because its so plasticy, and the ACR looks like its covered in plastic even more, but what do I know.

Its not the plastic for me, I like the plastic feel. its the angle of the grip that gets me ( most likely because my wrist is all fucked up), I love how the SCAR and ACR share the quick change caliber components and they are MUCH easier to clean. That grip angle just makes my wrist ache

Its not the plastic for me, I like the plastic feel. its the angle of the grip that gets me ( most likely because my wrist is all fucked up), I love how the SCAR and ACR share the quick change caliber components and they are MUCH easier to clean. That grip angle just makes my wrist ache

I held a FAL the same day I held the SCAR, and the FAL has the best grip angle I've ever felt on a rifle. Just saying.

I'm still partial to the M16/M4 family being that I've carried one in a hostile country, aswell as an M14. (We can add many hours behind a Barret M107 too) But I can say a decked out M4 consisting of a TA31 ACOG, PEQ-2, and a Surefire Tac light, it gets heavy after hours at the ready. The big improvement I like with any of the ACR/SCAR series, is the ability to swap calibers. If I knew I was in an over watch type mission, 7.62 would be my selected bitch maker, where as something in the way of CQB, I may opt for 5.56, or 6.8 if at all possible. I will say the adition of synthetics and plastics, will lighten the load significantly, not to mention, overall weapon movement. A lighter rifle is easier to control and move with. We'll see once these weapons get into the hands of those putting them to good use. I know I'll have to stick with another M4 for my year long mountain journey.

When i held the SCAR at Vances he told me it came in 5.56, I didnt know these were interchangable? I wish i could've fired it, guess i'd have to buy it for the steep price of $3100 before that will happen. psht.

Scotty, is the M14 available to the public?

They won't be out for sometime--that was a sneak-peak video. Think May / June as an early ship date. I'll have one, Remington's barrels are unbelievably accurate.

That's the only reason I have a feeling some US units will be fielding the Remington over the FN SCAR. So far, the 75th Ranger boys are the only ones really rocking the SCARS.

http://chockblock.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/800px-1stbat75thregscar.jpg

(Picture was at the Daytona 500, when they did a mock helo assault, and had the pace cars inside the Chinooks. It was pretty sweet to watch.)

That's the only reason I have a feeling some US units will be fielding the Remington over the FN SCAR. So far, the 75th Ranger boys are the only ones really rocking the SCARS.

http://chockblock.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/800px-1stbat75thregscar.jpg

What are the SF groups using now?

Speaking of FNH, we (Mac and Stanley) are working really closely with them on developing the small arms tool kit. I'm hoping I'll get to go the next time we get invited out there to shoot.

Speaking of FNH, we (Mac and Stanley) are working really closely with them on developing the small arms tool kit. I'm hoping I'll get to go the next time we get invited out there to shoot.

FNH has come a way, but their M16A2's were fucking junk. I can't believe I hit 38 out of 40 at qualification during basic training. That's about the only memory I have of basic, seeings how I could move my upper receiver about 3 inches left to right.