Exciting GT2 finish at Laguna Seca

BIGGU

Great fucking race!

Bergmeister's early braking on that last turn is why he got bumped. I can understand trying to get someone to back off but he completely ran him into the wall after Magnusson was getting past him. Weak, but still was amazing to watch.

Great fucking race!

Bergmeister's early braking on that last turn is why he got bumped. I can understand trying to get someone to back off but he completely ran him into the wall after Magnusson was getting past him. Weak, but still was amazing to watch.

Pff, Bergmeister hit his brakes just as the douche was about to try and ram him and ended up pwning himself. :D

Great fucking race!

Vette should of fought back.

If he knew the other person was going to try to spin him out, he had the perfect oppertunity to spin out the porsche when he was just behind him along the wall.

Epic video though. Had me glued to the screen for sure.

Pff, Bergmeister hit his brakes just as the douche was about to try and ram him and ended up pwning himself. :D

Thats what I thought at first too... look at it again. The vette was already angled towards the wall before the GT2 hit the brakes. For the vette to be headed at such a sharp angle it appears the Porsche bumped its rear as it was getting passed causing the vette to make a b-line for the wall.

Just watched it again, the gt2 definitely bumped his rear qaurter and helped him get squirley. Thats the kind of stuff I do to Paul on Forza :lol:

Jan was going to do whatever it took even if it meant bumping people out of the way, he would be an excellent nascar driver. Doesn't really look like Bergmeister turned into him, if anything Jan tried to bump him over at the finish and screwed himself over. Bergmeister was gonna keep him right on the wall though....

Doesn't really look like Bergmeister turned into him, if anything Jan tried to bump him over at the finish and screwed himself over. Bergmeister was gonna keep him right on the wall though....

Atleast how I saw it, you can see Bergmeister still turning into him as he gets on the wall (headlights disappear and is still shifting over). I really wish we could see a different angle of it but it's over and done with.

Right Bergmeister had it happen to him at the 12 hours of Sebring in like '07 same kinda thing, but no wreck at the end. It's unfortunate b/c it was an excellent race considering the Corvette was obviously the better car.

I think the vette had an obvious straight line advantage, but could not hang on mid corner. I do beleive though IF he could have legitimately passed the porsche, he would have probably kept the lead.

Are some of you watching a different video? The Porsche slowed down in the last corner ON PURPOSE in the hope the Vette would have slown down too much, preventing any chance of a pass.

Didn't work out, he got pissed and put the Vette into the wall. Is it that hard to see?

Are some of you watching a different video? The Porsche slowed down in the last corner ON PURPOSE in the hope the Vette would have slown down too much, preventing any chance of a pass.

Didn't work out, he got pissed and put the Vette into the wall. Is it that hard to see?

I think I saw the same video as you.

+1

The Porsche driver was a fucking douche. The Vette was clearly faster, yet anytime he had the opportunity to make a clean pass the Porsche wasn't having any of that. Porsche dude should feel lucky the Vette didn't push his ass out of the way after blocking him like three times. The fact that the Vette did make the pass at the end and the Porsche wrecked him, well anyone with eyes can see that the Porsche was a fucking tool. Vette was faster and racing clean, Porsche was in his way and driving like a jackass.

Sweet video though, that was an awesome finish

+1

The Porsche driver was a fucking douche. The Vette was clearly faster, yet anytime he had the opportunity to make a clean pass the Porsche wasn't having any of that. Porsche dude should feel lucky the Vette didn't push his ass out of the way after blocking him like three times. The fact that the Vette did make the pass at the end and the Porsche wrecked him, well anyone with eyes can see that the Porsche was a fucking tool. Vette was faster and racing clean, Porsche was in his way and driving like a jackass.

Sweet video though, that was an awesome finish

Of course Bergmeister wasn't going to let him pass that's road racing, as stupid as it sounds you don't just let the other guy pass. They have to work for it, saying Bergmeister was an ass is fine, but don't miss Jan driving behind him with his high beams on the entire time, pushing the Patron GT3 out of the way going into the corkscrew, and cutting the course. This isn't a DE where you have to let the faster car pass, they are in the same class and very well matched. The battle between the Corvettes and the GT3's are always awesome especially considering the 12 and 24 hour races that 2 cars can still be on top of each other at the end. It was a great race with an unfortunate Nascar ending.

Of course Bergmeister wasn't going to let him pass that's road racing, as stupid as it sounds you don't just let the other guy pass. They have to work for it, saying Bergmeister was an ass is fine, but don't miss Jan driving behind him with his high beams on the entire time, pushing the Patron GT3 out of the way going into the corkscrew, and cutting the course. This isn't a DE where you have to let the faster car pass, they are in the same class and very well matched. The battle between the Corvettes and the GT3's are always awesome especially considering the 12 and 24 hour races that 2 cars can still be on top of each other at the end. It was a great race with an unfortunate Nascar ending.

I don't expect him to let him pass. I don't blame the Porsche for doing what he can to hold him off (to an extent). But the fact that he knew the Vette was faster, and the Vette worked for it and FINALLY was in position to pass him, and then the Porsche has to wreck him - it's bullshit. Do whatever you can to keep the guy behind you, but once he pulls along the side of you, you HAVE TO race him clean, especially when your opponent could have easily just punted your ass to the side if he wanted to. There's a point when you've already blocked him several times and you need to learn to just get out of the way.

The vette looked to be the better car... but then again the porsche could have been so busy defensive driving instead of trying to pull away that it made the vette look better. Hats off the the porsche driver for having great defensive driving until the end of the race.

The vette looked to be the better car... but then again the porsche could have been so busy defensive driving instead of trying to pull away that it made the vette look better. Hats off the the porsche driver for having great defensive driving until the end of the race.

No because the once the vette passed him on the illegal pass he was starting to pull away even in the turns.