More BMV wtf moments...

AWW$HEEET

So I walk in the BMV today, and a few things strike me:

1. They happen to be the only operation in Columbus that does not accept Debit/Credit. However, they have invested in a "Cashless ATM" which charges you $2.50 per transaction.

2. With all the hoopla going on around street racing, they in fact happen to sell "I <3 Racing" license plate frames, which confirms the notion that they are a self perpetuating bureaucracy that profits from not only the sale of "I <3 Racing" license plate frames, but the subsequent fines and impound fees resulting from street races.

Just a few more reasons I hate our Government.

You do realize there are legal forms of racing, right? I will never understand why someone chooses to live in any area where they dislike what takes place.

Because they can't find somewhere better. Same reason the anti-American lib-tards are still here.

Lib-tards or Con-tards, Ohio is full of both, shitty weather and nothing to do. First chance I get I'm out of this shithole.

Last time I went to the BMV I took money out of that ATM before going to the counter. They told me (with plenty of attitude) that I'm not suppose to do that because if the power went out, they cant give me a refund.

See ya!!! You have a car, and you have gasoline so what's stopping you? Don't you know the data cabling in California is made with gold? Man, they have soooo much money there...:rolleyes:

Oddly enough, just last week I was shootin' at some food and up through the ground came a bubblin' crude. Oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea.

People said Californy is the place I ought to be. So I'm loadin' up the Jeep and movin' to Beverly. Hills, that is. Swimmin' pools, movie stars.

So I walk in the BMV today, and a few things strike me:

1. They happen to be the only operation in Columbus that does not accept Debit/Credit. However, they have invested in a "Cashless ATM" which charges you $2.50 per transaction.

2. With all the hoopla going on around street racing, they in fact happen to sell "I <3 Racing" license plate frames, which confirms the notion that they are a self perpetuating bureaucracy that profits from not only the sale of "I <3 Racing" license plate frames, but the subsequent fines and impound fees resulting from street races.

Just a few more reasons I hate our Government.

Quoted because i couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't know. I would assume there are some red-tape hoops you have to jump through to get one, but I don't see how they could NOT be profitable. I know a family that runs one and they're doing alright.

Quit while you are ahead and don't sound like a complete billy tard
fixed that for you sir.

Ask any real racer and they'll tell you...It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.

I looked into starting a BMV site a few years back. Although the requirements are minimal, they only allow so many based on sq miles. You really need IIRC enough operating capital for 3 months in the bank and a business plan to put in bid to run one for I think 3 years. After 3 years bids are opened back up on each location and whoever chooses to can put in a bid.

When I got my OH license, an old man came in to renew. He had to be assisted in the door and to the counter. He had to be helped when asked what his name and address were. And finally he had to be PROMPTED through the eye test.

It's a TEST! And as such, there is an option to FAIL it. I can't believe the BMV approved this guy's renewal.

As for other places to live, it's preference. I lived in eastern MA all my life, including Osterville on Cape Cod, and I like it better here. I'm sure some of you would love to move to Cape Cod. But, for me, when you factor in everything, this is the best place in the US.

As for other places to live, it's preference. I lived in eastern MA all my life, including Osterville on Cape Cod, and I like it better here. I'm sure some of you would love to move to Cape Cod. But, for me, when you factor in everything, this is the best place in the US.

I approve this message. Ohio is a nice if not great place for us to live as far as we are concerned. Perfect, no but I live a comfortable life and if the pros didnt out weigh the cons I would move this very hr and never look back. This country was founded on the pursuit of happiness not the pursuit of money, its when this got switched backyards that problems started.