Pot hole damage?

JaSSon

I did some brief Googling, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Sunday night I hit the biggest pothole on the planet on 270n near the Hamiliton exit. When I hit it there was already 1 damaged car on the median. Later that night there were 3-4 more damaged vehicles and a police cruiser blocking that lane. I believe the hole has been filled. The pothole bent both driver side rims. Hopefully that is the extent of the damage. Who do I contact to try to get ODOT to cover the repair bill? I know they'll likely say "sorry", but it's worth a shot.

I bent a rim on my si off sawmill and hard road on a huge pot hole. I contacted columbus pd they transfered me to transpertation, They sent me paper work to fill out and sign. I actually never re submitted it so nothing happened but I would take pictures and have a shop write you a repair est. and send it in with the papers.

so based on that new story it needs to be reported first, before you complain. ill report if for ya if you want lol

Has to be reported and ODOT has to have been given sufficient time to repair it as well. There's no standard definition for sufficient time to repair though.

Then if you wish to file a claim you have to pay ODOT $25 to investigate and then 4-6 weeks later you'll get a verdict on if they'll pay or not.

...My wife hit a pot hole in the E55 last week and bent a tie rod end and the wheel slightly. I'm not holding my breath on seeing a dime of the money it cost me to repair the car.

A buddy of mine hit a pot hole a few years ago in his H2. He has 24" Leaxani wheels on it that cost about 10k with the tires. It messed 2 of them up real bad. ODOT laughed at him pretty much. If I remember there is a set amount that they will pay. I think they told him 200 per wheel or something like that. Not really enough to cover a stock rim and tire.