Bought a car Have a ? about registering it.

truckin

I bought a FOX in Michigan going to pick it up this weekend, it has no cats on the car.

I called the BMV/Title Registar and they said the car will need to be inspected by BMV. Since central ohio has no emissions test will not having cats be a problem? Or will they not pass the inspection because of the no cats?

Anyone run into this? I'll have to trailer the car in anyway.

basically you just need to take it to a dealership to do an "Out of State" inspection. really all they do here is check the vin # on the title to the Vin# on the car.

we have to do them all the time since we buy a lot of cars out of state.

There is no need to have cats in the car as the state of Ohio doesn't really care. Out of state inspections can be done pretty much anywhere and will only cost you $5. If you need any help, please shoot me an IM and I will direct you to the right people as I am a dealer and it is extremely easy to get an out of state inspection.

There is no need to have cats in the car as the state of Ohio doesn't really care. Out of state inspections can be done pretty much anywhere and will only cost you $5. If you need any help, please shoot me an IM and I will direct you to the right people as I am a dealer and it is extremely easy to get an out of state inspection.

franklin county doesnt care. There are alot of counties in ohio that do car if you have cats. And do emissions testing.

Guest Removed

hey lido, columbus is one of the few places that dont do emissions testing in ohio.

One of the few?? Last time I checked there were only 7 counties in the whole state doing emissions testing.

As for the out of state inspection, if you are anywhere near Delaware, stop by my shop and I can do one for you.

I bought a FOX in Michigan going to pick it up this weekend, it has no cats on the car.

I called the BMV/Title Registar and they said the car will need to be inspected by BMV. Since central ohio has no emissions test will not having cats be a problem? Or will they not pass the inspection because of the no cats?

Anyone run into this? I'll have to trailer the car in anyway.

Last time i had a state bmv inspection in consisted of them checking my turn signals, the horn and headlights, and doing one round around the car.