Jacket Sizing questions

Radio Flyer1647545514

How tight is your jacket? I went to Iron Pony and tried on a Size Medium Icon Motorhead jacket so I ordered a small which came in and the sizing says it's a 38-40 instead of the 36-38.

When I stand up it feels damn near close to fitting correct w/ the liner in but I still have room on my back where the jacket isn't touching my skin. On the bike it feels like it moves just a tiny bit on me.

Does your jacket have full contact on your entire torso at all times or does it move around on you a little bit?

I'm debating if I need to sell this one and get a size 36 or break the Icon in.

I know my old jacket didn't fit correctly so I guess I really don't know what's the correct fit. Maybe I just need to get bigger.

How tight is your jacket? I went to Iron Pony and tried on a Size Medium Icon Motorhead jacket so I ordered a small which came in and the sizing says it's a 38-40 instead of the 36-38.

When I stand up it feels damn near close to fitting correct w/ the liner in but I still have room on my back where the jacket isn't touching my skin. On the bike it feels like it moves just a tiny bit on me.

Does your jacket have full contact on your entire torso at all times or does it move around on you a little bit?

I'm debating if I need to sell this one and get a size 36 or break the Icon in.

I know my old jacket didn't fit correctly so I guess I really don't know what's the correct fit. Maybe I just need to get bigger.

should be tight on you.

should feel natural in riding position , but when standing straight up should be somewhat hard to raise your arms up above your head.

as for your question about icon stuff, some people like it some dont. i liked my motorhead jacket, and it fit well.

i just wanted something a little bit more flexibe to my type of riding and weather conditions.

it was to hot for summer riding and to cold for colder temps.

im gonna get a dianese perforated leather jacket for summer, and something heavier for colder months

ill probably end up getting a windproof liner for the dianese jsut to have with me just incase.

quality wise, for the money you cant beat a astars jacket

when your are sizing though.. always try stuff on with the liner out.

when your are sizing though.. always try stuff on with the liner out.

+1. This is good advice.

Last summer was my first season riding. I'm already in the market for another jacket for next season because I didn't really have a feel for how it needed to fit. I went with a jacket that was a little too long in the torso that bunches up when I'm arched over on the bike. I reasoned that a longer jacket would give better coverage in a fall, but I actually tuck the front portion under when i ride now to keep it from puffing up. I'm sure that's not the safest way to use it. Issue number 2 is that I made sure it fit okay with the liner in but I spend 99% of my riding time without the liner in and it's too damn loose.

So I now have a jacket that's both too loose and too long for me. I wish I had asked some questions first, but now I know.

Tight is what you want when you hit the pavement moving at 60+ MPH. If it is loose it can catch more on things you are skidding over causing a tumble, which is not something you want. When you figure out what Jacket you are after, hit me up. I will get you a good price on a jacket!