Tokico Struts

Fubar231

Anyone have any personal experience with them? Ive heard great things, and ive also heard shit. Seems like there hit or miss. Bout to order struts/springs but the bilstein struts are nearly 3x as much as the tokico ones. Id rather spend 200$ on tokico struts than 500+ on the bilstein ones, cause after springs thatd be the price of some used low mile coil-overs. Well, my question is does anyone have a car with them, had a car with them, rode in a car with them, any personal experience with them that i can use for feedback?

My combo was gonig to be Tokico HP Blues w/ Eibach Springs.

I have no idea about your particular application/product. However, I have Tokico D-Specs on my WRX, and they have held up very well. But, the D-Specs came in at $560 for the set, so they might be a better model than the $200 set you're looking at.

Unfortunately, it seems like some suspension manufacturers work well for certain makes/models of cars, but suck for others. Tein for instance is a very reputable company for DSM suspension, but their Subaru stuff is utter crap.

I know in the MR2 world people love the Eibach springs. I have the Tokico struts. I like them a lot, BUT they are also the only thing that I have had on the car (except 17 year old blown OEM struts). I have tracked the car and I can adjust them a little. My model only has one adjustment. I bought em used from another guy, so I don't know how old they are or the model. I am happy with them, nothing to compare them too. Feels like the car is solid on the ground and I get good feedback when the car is going to slide.

I know in the MR2 world people love the Eibach springs. I have the Tokico struts. I like them a lot, BUT they are also the only thing that I have had on the car (except 17 year old blown OEM struts). I have tracked the car and I can adjust them a little. My model only has one adjustment. I bought em used from another guy, so I don't know how old they are or the model. I am happy with them, nothing to compare them too. Feels like the car is solid on the ground and I get good feedback when the car is going to slide.

Eibach is good for two applications. 1. If you want [sPRINGS] for your car. There may be better available, but you can't go wrong with them. 2. If you want specific rates and sizes for your competition vehicle. Their professional racing springs are top notch; they supply springs to many F1 teams.

I don't see them as the *best* for any street application, unless there is no other option. But they aren't crap and I wouldn't think less of someone for running them. Now, tell me you put Tein S-Techs on your Subaru, and I'll try hard not to :gtfo:.

Guest Removed

Unfortunately, it seems like some suspension manufacturers work well for certain makes/models of cars, but suck for others. Tein for instance is a very reputable company for DSM suspension, but their Subaru stuff is utter crap.

this...

I had Tokico blues/eibach on my SHO. Ride was awesome on 90% of the roads, but the car got very bouncy/pogo/stiff with multiple bumps in a row.

Not sure if the springs or struts were to blame though.

I never had a problem with mine, but other SHO guys have reported them blowing fairly frequently.

Do it right the first time, or you will pay more to fix it later.

I have no idea about your particular application/product. However, I have Tokico D-Specs on my WRX, and they have held up very well. But, the D-Specs came in at $560 for the set, so they might be a better model than the $200 set you're looking at.

Possibly, seems like there either hit or miss really. Some people have great sucess with them and run them for over 50,000 miles with no problems, then you got the people who have them snap/break whatever within 2 weeks.

I know in the MR2 world people love the Eibach springs. I have the Tokico struts. I like them a lot, BUT they are also the only thing that I have had on the car (except 17 year old blown OEM struts).

Same with the mk3 supras, people are HUGE on the Eibach's if your not going for coil-overs. A bunch of people have tokico's though, a few with great success, a few that fail instantly. Also, im in the same boat. 20 year old blown struts.

yes..but the mustang guys(some of them) swear by the Eibach stuff

Form what ive read the eibach are great aftermarket springs for my car, a lot of people use them. There also one of the springs that dont fucking slam your car to the ground and make you bottom out on everything.

I never had a problem with mine, but other SHO guys have reported them blowing fairly frequently.

Same with the supra world, some work with great success and some fail instantly. The thing is id never pay 800+$ for a strut/spring combo. If i was looking at spending that much money id just get coil-overs. Having a hard time debating this one...

I had tokico illumina's on my dsm with eibach , if you are not too worried with performanace and more for looks then they will be fine, I personally think they are way too soft and bouncy. If you're worried about performance and spring rates get coilovers hands down one of the best mods you can do to a 15+ year old car.

I had a set on my mustang. I cant remember what model they were (blue if that matters) But Im pretty sure they lasted the 85k that was on the car. Original owner drove the car off the lot and straight to the shop to get the suspension and wheels to avoid the fight with the wife lol. Ride was STIFF so being a DD it was annoying at points but I liked it most of the time.

I had Tokico blues/eibach on my SHO. Ride was awesome on 90% of the roads, but the car got very bouncy/pogo/stiff with multiple bumps in a row.

The blues aren't really much of an upgrade over stock. Combined with your Eibach springs, the shocks probably weren't stiff enough to counter the springs, well, springiness giving you lots of bounce.

Shane, you called me last night and I'll tell you again, I personally think the blues are a waste of money and more for looks (though still way better than blown stockies), however, I pm'd you with Kyle's part out link. Take a look.

And btw, as I said last night, I previously found Bilstein's for our car for less than $400. Springs for less than $200. Dunno if that's still more than what you're willing to pay, though.