05 WRX, STI Block Mod... lol

SlowmotionMotorsports

2005 WRX just left. We did a STI 2.5L bottom End swap. Everything else is stock. Everything... Well I tuned it to Cater to the 2.5L Block. The Results:

http://www.slowmotionmotorsports.com/images/morfeoshow/dyno_graphs-4343/big/Amanda%20P%20WRX%20243AWTQ%20194AWHP.JPG

Thanks for Looking!

Corey

199whp? a ej205 makes 220+ on a cobb. and on a 2.5 that tq should be well above 250. I don't know whats up with that car but its not happy.

My last stage 1.5 car made more.

A Stock WRX makes 190AWTQ and about 170AWHP on my dyno.

I put a bottomend in it. I made some minor adjustments to the map b/c the different bottom end. No boost changes. The car now has 240AWTQ and 194AWHP.

Please clarify the problem?

Thanks

Corey

Customer can't beleive the power and torque differences!!

customer quote: "the response is amazing"

This is Stock Downpipe, Stock Cat, Stock Exhaust, Stock Intake.

Better be the stock intake on a TD04 or VF39 WRX. You would be shady as hell to put an CAI or short AI on a stock Turbo WRX. That's only the one of the most dyno proven mods that hurt a STock turbo WRX and WRX STI. Most of us laugh when we see a intake on a stock turbo WRX.

Stock air box

300awhp.

EDIT.. There seems to be a little confusion about this statement. what I'm saying is the stock airbox itself is good to 300awhp period. No reference to the turbos or anything else. I wanted to clear that up since I got some questions about that.

Ben I gave up ricer kids will buy there ebay intakes and fuck up there cars.

Though I do have the proper maf scaler for a ebay intake. And have tuned a couple cars with them. BUT they do suck plain and simple.

Edited by Thorne

Stock air box

300awhp.

Ben I gave up ricer kids will buy there ebay intakes and fuck up there cars.

Though I do have the proper maf scaler for a ebay intake. And have tuned a couple cars with them. BUT they do suck plain and simple.

You know you loved tuning for my CAI, lol.

Thorne, one thing to take into account here also is the difference in dynos as well. No two read exactly the same. Corey is more than capable of taking a Subaru wherever the owner wants. My Subaru made 420whp at only 19lbs on a 35R, even spooled good. You no doubt have some tuning experience, but too often you call out people comparing apples and oranges. Chill out, another satisfied customer for SloMo!