Sirius Investment

Guest 614Streets

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a couple hundred shares, held it for a few months, sold it and broke even. oh well

last year this time it was either buy a house or take extra money and play the downed stock market. probably would have made me a lot more money if i got lucky in the stock market, but i like having a house and a ~10 minute drive to work instead of a 2br apartment and a ~30 minunte drive to work, for about $100/mo more.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57116&highlight=sirius

So approaching one year later this coming febuary lets see what $1000 would have returned if you bought Sirius XM stock last February at .05.

$14000. Thats 13.

Not to bad? Lance are you with me here? :)

Yeah it's a great return, i've just never played in that sector.

My BRK-B is making me a hell of a return currently though.

I owned 10 shares... I own 500 now

I made $14k on the 2 stocks I mentioned in that thread.

Yeah I am holding. Sirius is meeting with RBC on monday , I think a reverse split is coming real soon but 4th qtr earnings on on Feb 4th.

High five Lance. :)

ha it's funny, the only purchases I have made since that thread were Ford, DNR, CSCO and BRK-B

Guest 614Streets
ha it's funny, the only purchases I have made since that thread were Ford, DNR, CSCO and BRK-B

Ford is one I missed badly. I did short squeeze real well on cit though awhile back.

Invested $500 last year, just dumped it for $2000 to finally swap the STI drivetrain into the WRX.

I don't remember SIRI hitting 0.05, but I do wish I had bought more when it was 0.11.

2/11/09 = $.055. looks like it really only took a quick dip down...its not like it stayed at that level for more than a day or two. wish i dropped even $500 into it then. argh.

I play sirius sometimes. I did 100% a couple of times last year. I'm kinda afraid of it this year though. I'm thinking it will move up slowly, but I'd like to see it pull back to below .50 before I buy it again.

I guess it will be determined by what the auto industry does. the cash for clunkers has given sirius some inflated numbers that won't be sustained unless the industry is out of trouble. Anyone care to say whether its good to go for the big 3 yet?

I play sirius sometimes. I did 100% a couple of times last year. I'm kinda afraid of it this year though. I'm thinking it will move up slowly, but I'd like to see it pull back to below .50 before I buy it again.

I guess it will be determined by what the auto industry does. the cash for clunkers has given sirius some inflated numbers that won't be sustained unless the industry is out of trouble. Anyone care to say whether its good to go for the big 3 yet?

well if youre talking about ford, GM, and chrysler, im pretty sure while the .gov owns the big stake in GM and chrysler, they're not being traded, so the only thing that could be a "go" would be ford.

well if youre talking about ford, GM, and chrysler, im pretty sure while the .gov owns the big stake in GM and chrysler, they're not being traded, so the only thing that could be a "go" would be ford.

I own some of the GM in MTLQQ.PK. Just a couple hundred bucks incase things go bad. Who knows maybe it will be worth something later.

I was mostly meaning that if the auto makers pull out and start doing well then sirius will probably move up to where it was around summer of `08 <> $3.50 a share. Its heavily dependant on new car sales at the moment.

Guest 614Streets
I own some of the GM in MTLQQ.PK. Just a couple hundred bucks incase things go bad. Who knows maybe it will be worth something later.

I was mostly meaning that if the auto makers pull out and start doing well then sirius will probably move up to where it was around summer of `08 <> $3.50 a share. Its heavily dependant on new car sales at the moment.

It wont go back to .50 . I dont see that. The company has until March to get its share price above a dollor and hold it there or it faces a delisting from NASDAQ. In late 2008 shareholders approved a reverse split meaning they can lower the amount of shares and raise the price of the shares at the same time. An example would be a 1:10 Reverse split with todays closing price of .70 would mean once effective the shares you own would be worth 7.00 per share but your number of shares would reduced by 1 for every current 10 , as in if you owned 10 shares now you would own 1. Most Institutions will not buy securites under $1.00.

The current market cap wouldnt support $3.50 a share with the number of current outstanding shares. Q4 earnings are Febuary 4th.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 614Streets
WOW. Closed at .90 today I made 10 grand in the past two weeks. And I stand corrected I do not know the exact date of the q4 release of earnings but check this out its jumped .20 cents since i posted this. Thats huge returns.

wish i would have not sold a couple weeks ago at $.67...even with my measley 200 shares, that would have been $40.

wish even more i decided to play the stock market at the beginning of 2009. it was either drop extra $ into stock market or buy a house...i went with the house.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought BAC @ 2.00 last March, now at 15.50

I bought C @ $1.00, purchased 1300 shares, now at $3.50

I bought WFC @ $14.00, now at $27.00

I bought FITB @ $2.00, now @ $12.00

No clue how much I have made but it was enough to pay off a $8000 credit card in cash, and then still double my $.

Guest 614Streets

You can start with a broker like ING and have no minimums, but they really whack you on commissions. Regardless that who I used to start with. If you can work your way up to a couple grand I definately recommend Tdameritrade!

Read about companies you are interested in and only listen to yourself.

You can't day trade unless you have 25,000 minimum but you can still trade. Just note after you make a sell with a security you will need to wait 3 days for the money to clear before you have access to it.

Check this out.

http://www.rockwelltrading.com/files/The-Complete-Guide-To-Day-Trading.pdf

With TDameritrade you have alot of tools , something you wont find with ING or smaller brokers.

Here is a snap shot of what is know as level2 it allows you to see the Market makers such as CINN seen here who is the cinncinatti stock exchange and BOSX the boston stock exchange. The Level 2 also shows the volume of shares on the bid/ask and the price.

This is from earlier today I took a snap shot.

http://www.614streets.com/level2.JPG

Theres a few sayings buy the rumor and sell the news.

Also buying on heavy volume up days and unloading on heavy volume down days tends to work out.

Theres different types of orders you place but for now the two to focus on would be market orders and limit orders. Look them up on google.

How much money do you guys suggest to start with. I don't have all that much I could use, maybe a couple hundred. Is that possible or should I save up?