Sirius Investment

Guest 614Streets

Will, you listen to the show? It really sounds to me that Howard is done. He has been really negative lately, and letting more of the sidekicks do extra things on the air like Gary. So that they have leads on Jobs if Howard retires. Artie is gone and is not coming back, and they are not filling his position either. I really don't see Sirius doing well without Howard. In reference to Sirius stock last week, Howard asked robin if she "needed any wall paper." Keep an ear to the ground man.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 bucks and td ameritrade. Look into companies u like. I loved siri and frs , Frisches resturants. FRS is bad ass stock I havent got into yet , it doesnt pay much but dam the food and breakfast bar is awesome I take my mom to frs 1-2 times a month for a treat. It pays better dividends every year , better than any bank savings account......

TDA bro , 2000 bucks...

Thanks, I will look into it for sure. I'll have between 2-7k to play with.

Guest 614Streets
Will, you listen to the show? It really sounds to me that Howard is done. He has been really negative lately, and letting more of the sidekicks do extra things on the air like Gary. So that they have leads on Jobs if Howard retires. Artie is gone and is not coming back, and they are not filling his position either. I really don't see Sirius doing well without Howard. In reference to Sirius stock last week, Howard asked robin if she "needed any wall paper." Keep an ear to the ground man.

He may be done but I do not hold the same views as you that the company cannot survive without him. I have figured all along after his contract is up the end of this year that he will retire or work alot less or go do something else. Belive me I would play it accordingly. As a matter of fact a stock like this wouldnt be fun without that volitility it provides a daytrader play to the short side.

My ear is to the ground and then some , I literally spend a few hours a day tracking the company and everything surrounding it.

I probably wouldn't touch sirius with a 10 foot pole, either long or short the stock. Either way you could get mega fucked. If you are really hellbent on investing in it, do your homework and probably don't allocate more than 10-20% of your discretionary portfolio to it. If you are looking to get in on the speculation fun, invest in C, and ride it for the next 3 to 5 years.

I bought in at a dollar rode it to 1.19 shorted it at 1.20. I will cover at .95. I agree I do not recommend anyone touching siri. I also wouldnt touch C, garbage is a better description of C.

They just reported their first profitable qtr in a long, long time. Itll come back...

I just feel like when I buy siri or c I mineaswell just get into debt swaps

Who knows. All I know is their TARP is paid off, they have some smart managers there and they just beat earnings estimates. That and the .BKX has taken a beating for the last 2 years.

Guest 614Streets
I bought in at a dollar rode it to 1.19 shorted it at 1.20. I will cover at .95. I agree I do not recommend anyone touching siri. I also wouldnt touch C, garbage is a better description of C.

Thats not a bad play at all. I have shorted it , I did yesterday at 1.18 and already covered. Gl with your .95 buy , you will probably get it , or maybe not.

The only problem with your debt swap feeling is siri just added almost 200,000 subs this 1st reporting qtr.......

Guest 614Streets
I bought some MGM $16 puts for Jun,Sept,Dec I am also watching (GME) Gamestop it has been rallying and might short it with a tight stop limit.

I havent started playing options yet. Do you think GS will short itself :D ?

yeah I bought GS calls after they got chopped

good idea, i may do that.

*edit*

What trading platform are you guys using? I have some questions about option types. Im trading on Scottrade, and cannot tell if the options contracts I am looking at are european style, or american style...

Edited by AWW$HEEET

*edit*

What trading platform are you guys using? I have some questions about option types. Im trading on Scottrade, and cannot tell if the options contracts I am looking at are european style, or american style...

I use etrade for my day trades and CS for my IRA's

"Options can be American or European style, though both trade on U.S. exchanges. If the option is American style, you can exercise at any point up until the expiration date. European style options, on the other hand, can be exercised only on the date of expiration. All equity options are American style, though index options can be either style."

Ok, so that leads me to my next question.

GS is trading at 154.xx today. Say I purchase a GS call option @ 135.00 strike price, expiration date May 2010. One option contract (giving me ability to purchase 100 shares) costs $22.00.

What is stopping me from exercising my option to purchase 100 shares of GS @135.00 totalling $13500, then me turning around and making a market order to sell 100 shares of GS, which is a total of $15400?

This is a profit of $1900(ish) minus fees and the cost of the contract. What am I missing, where is my logic flawed?

Yup only the right to buy em. So you are paying a 2200 premium ontop so 135x100 = 15700

if u just bought them today at 154 it would cost 15400

the benefit is you only put up 2.2k instead of 15,400

options pricing moves with the stock price so if it goes to 23 for the option price you made 1$ x 100 shares = $100.

the way you make fist loads is buying options out of the money and hope the volume swings your option into the money and the further into the money you are the even more you make. you see this in your example you have to pay an addition 300$ for your play because it is well into the money so even if it swings you are still in the money. If you do the math on a 150 155 160 190 call option for may you will see the value/premium differences.

its easier to explain it when its out of the money like this:

if you believe the price of a stock currently trading at $50 a share will rise, you might buy a call with a strike price of $52. If the stock's price rises to $55 a share at expiration, you can purchase the shares at the $52 a share, or $3 a share under market value. Keep in mind, your profit is $3 a share less the cost of the option.

Guest 614Streets

*edit*

TD Ameritrade I am watching level 2 every morning 9:30 sharp.

Are you guys using margin accounts?

Btw SIRI hit 1.19 today , might break out to new 52 week highs.

I also use http://www.mffais.com/siri to keep tabs on institutional buyers. Now that SIRI is over $1 and has regained NASDAQ Compliance we can look to the Russell.

Also In a press release the reverse split was thrown off the table with the compliance.

And speaking of debt and SIRI.

From a PR today. SIRIUS XM to Retire $114 Million of Debt

"Our strong cash position, strong first quarter subscriber growth and the improving outlook for the economy have put us in position to retire these notes a year ahead of schedule," said David Frear, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of SIRIUS XM. "The early retirement of these notes will reduce interest expense and increase our free cash flow."

TD Ameritrade I am watching level 2 every morning 9:30 sharp.

Are you guys using margin accounts?

Btw SIRI hit 1.19 today , might break out to new 52 week highs.

I also use http://www.mffais.com/siri to keep tabs on institutional buyers. Now that SIRI is over $1 and has regained NASDAQ Compliance we can look to the Russell.

Also In a press release the reverse split was thrown off the table with the compliance.

And speaking of debt and SIRI.

From a PR today. SIRIUS XM to Retire $114 Million of Debt

"Our strong cash position, strong first quarter subscriber growth and the improving outlook for the economy have put us in position to retire these notes a year ahead of schedule," said David Frear, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of SIRIUS XM. "The early retirement of these notes will reduce interest expense and increase our free cash flow."

I do not use margins. I had a margin account and got burnt bad about 2 yrs ago.

He may be done but I do not hold the same views as you that the company cannot survive without him.

I agree, but I'll go further and say I'd hate to see them renew with Howard. He's to expensive and doesn't really bring much to SIRIUS anymore.

Anyone see SIRIUS as a long term investment? I don't follow the new techy gizmos much so I keep thinking something will come along and remove their usefulness at some point, but I do day/swing trades on SIRIUS all the time because its just so news driven.