FN five seven

smineb

the list of places it can't be shipped seems to be growing. What does that actually mean

Cannot Ship to CA, Denver CO, Vail CO, HI, Aurora IL, Chicago IL, Franklin Park IL, Oak Park IL,MA, MD, NJ, NY, Cincinnati OH, Columbus OH, Dayton OH, Dublin OH, Shaker Heights OH, Toledo OH, Washinton DC

Because ignorant ass anti-gun people are all "Oh noes, scary Cop Killer bullets like in that movie"...

http://www.dailycognition.com/content/image/lethalweapon_l.jpg

I still remember the once widely held belief that Glocks were invisible to metal detectors. I'm suprised they didn't get banned in some states/cities too (maybe they did for a while)

WTF? That must be an old list. Ohio has preemption, which means no city in the state may make a gun law that is more restrictive than anything at state level. Since there is no ban of that particular gun at the state level, that means you can own it anywhere in the state. Someone hasn't done their homework.

I still say the FiveseveN is just a gimmick...

I still say the FiveseveN is just a gimmick...

Agreed.

Though I can understand military forces wanting a pistol that fires the same round as their primary weapon. I'm sure it's easier to supply an army that uses only one (or a few) ammunition types.

I'm a retard and have somehow ended up with almost every gun I own being a different caliber I have to buy.:(

Not to get way off topic, but since there are some FiveSeven fans out there, have any of you seen the Kel-Tec PMR30 yet?

Yeah, it's "only" .22 mag, but 5.7x28 isn't a huge amount hotter (They're actually quite similar). I'm sure it will be a ton cheaper to buy than a FiveSeven and a little cheaper to feed. I don't have a need for such a gun, but I still think it's pretty cool. If were in the market for a FiveSeven I'd definitely be taking a hard look at the Kel-Tec.

Link: http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pmr30.htm

Edited by twistedfocus
linky

Not to get way off topic, but since there are some FiveSeven fans out there, have any of you seen the Kel-Tec PMR30 yet?

Yeah, it's "only" .22 mag, but 5.7x28 isn't a huge amount hotter (They're actually quite similar). I'm sure it will be a ton cheaper to buy than a FiveSeven and a little cheaper to feed. I don't have a need for such a gun, but I still think it's pretty cool. If were in the market for a FiveSeven I'd definitely be taking a hard look at the Kel-Tec.

Link: http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pmr30.htm

It didnt have a listed price, do you know how much those go for? If its cheap it could be a nice plinker but I dont think I would want to neccessarily want it for a carry piece. 30rd mag capacity is rediculous though.

It didnt have a listed price, do you know how much those go for? If its cheap it could be a nice plinker but I dont think I would want to neccessarily want it for a carry piece. 30rd mag capacity is rediculous though.

Yeah, I think a 40ish grain slug is a bit light still for self defense even at a high speed, though I guess it's 2/3 the kind of energy of .223 that has killed many a bad guy... and you get 30 tries at hitting vitals. :D

I do think it would be an awesome plinker/hunter and or maybe toss it in a pack for camping or survival situations. I already have a nice .22lr for plinking and such, but I may have considered this otherwise.

I heard they were saying ~$415 MSRP at the SHOT show, which would probably be an actual street price in the $300-$350 range.

EDIT: By the way, they just announced this thing recently. I'm not sure that it's available yet, though I assume it will be shortly.

As some as you know, I'm a FN fan, and <3 the FiveseveN. I don't buy guns because of hype, rather the experience. I greatly enjoy shooting the gun, and encourage you go try one out at a range sometime. It reminded me of the first time I shot an AR with some shit ass iron sights. "Wow this is easy" It was just easy to be crazy accurate with the gun repeatedly.

Funny story, I have a half brother who is a cop out of state. He flies out here once in a while we get together. Last year we hit up the range and I brought my toys. He saw the FiveseveN and started with the "oh noez copkillarz gun" stuff, as he unfortunately remembered the BS sheet they sent.

After putting a handful of mags though the FiveseveN he was sold, and absolutely loved the thing. Day after he flew back, he bought one and sent me a pic.

Like everything else, there are different tastes. If you enjoy a fuller frame gun (larger hands) and insane accuracy, go try it. It's not the best gun known to mankind which can kill raptor jesus from 1000 yards out while on acid and drinking a martini. But, for some it's a worthwhile addition to your firearm collection.

No Kill Raptor Jesus on Meth - No Care

haha at over a 1000 yards

and as far as the list being old on the shipping cities. if you try to order from about 5 big name companies they all have this list. so im not sure if everyone is out dated or not

As some as you know, I'm a FN fan, and <3 the FiveseveN. I don't buy guns because of hype, rather the experience. I greatly enjoy shooting the gun, and encourage you go try one out at a range sometime. It reminded me of the first time I shot an AR with some shit ass iron sights. "Wow this is easy" It was just easy to be crazy accurate with the gun repeatedly.

Funny story, I have a half brother who is a cop out of state. He flies out here once in a while we get together. Last year we hit up the range and I brought my toys. He saw the FiveseveN and started with the "oh noez copkillarz gun" stuff, as he unfortunately remembered the BS sheet they sent.

After putting a handful of mags though the FiveseveN he was sold, and absolutely loved the thing. Day after he flew back, he bought one and sent me a pic.

Like everything else, there are different tastes. If you enjoy a fuller frame gun (larger hands) and insane accuracy, go try it. It's not the best gun known to mankind which can kill raptor jesus from 1000 yards out while on acid and drinking a martini. But, for some it's a worthwhile addition to your firearm collection.

I started out with an old clunky M9, while I have moved to an XD9 - I felt the FN was comfortable. I really give a thumbs up to Jone's post.

Raptor Jesus on Meth can get some from the trunk mount....

Raptor Jesus on Meth can get some from the trunk mount....

That's probably wise, since I hear meth-heads can be hard to put down, not to mention that he's also a fucking Raptor (underdeveloped forearms/biceps aside).

On second thought, we should refrain from shooting Raptor Jesus. He'll just Raptor-Resurrect himself on Raptor-Easter and Pwn us like Noobs.

Psh, I'll blast him with my 1887s while flying through the air Chuck-Norris style!

Hell with that, I'd hand the FiveSeven over to Michael J Fox. He's always with me during times of crisis anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/twistedfocus/MJRaptor.jpg

I will own one. Why? cause its was in Counter Strike 1.6

Exactly. That's what my whole gun collection is eventually going to be based on. lol I kid I kid, but I do already have a USP and an AR (closest to an M4 I'll own).