WTB 351 ROLLER ENGINE

TurboNova

SO you want a complete motor,long block shork block or just block? I ask becouse it says complete but you saw you are gonna do a build.. If a build then buy a block and do a 393 for the same money.

I have a spare 78 351 complete non roller I chould sell (I have a roller as well with 408 rods and pistons but not trying to sell those)

complete long block from running vehicle. I am contemplating between doing a stock 302/351 turbo build. If I do the 351 I will just do studs,gaskets and most likely rod bolts.

If I do a 302 its more of a time bomb so I will just do head studs and gaskets and maybe a tfs1 cam and explorer intake

ok yeah still in the planning stage on the new project. Might do a stock 302 roller fi engine as well. Just too early to say, just doing some planning. I guess Id like to see the car live in the mid to low 10's for a while

Guest Removed
if you want it to live longer, use a older block..they are much thicker then the later roller blocks, and the older ones can be converted rather easily.

yeah I dont know really if I want to build a 351 motor or not. I do want the car to live....but I do like the idea of just doing a stock 302 build with a couple cheap bolt ons and making 400-500 wheel and 302 shortblocks are a dime a dozen.

Are roller conversions for a SBF cheaper then a SBC? have not looked into it but a hyd roller in a old sbc can be 700-1000

Guest Removed

Link bars are kinda expensive. And some people say they are a little noisy.

ford uses a spider and dog bone set up to hold the lifters in place. It's a bit cheaper and quieter. They last forever.

But, it's not quite a drop in job. You'll need to drill and tap two small holes in the lifter galley. Some blocks might need a little grinding around the tops of the lifter boss so the dog bones sit flat.

Guest Removed
Rob the lifter bosses are to short and cause a prob if used with oe lifters you must buy retro fit ones that are shorter

not if he is going to use a later 351 block that is already to setup for it. just have to buy the spider kit for a 351