iPhone vs Droid

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

I am sure this thread has been brought up many times. I am looking at getting one of the two and here is what I mainly want to do.

-Check email on the reg.

-listen to music on my radio while driving with the phone

-be able to get on the internet at school and while at places like auctions easily

what do you guys suggest or is this the same battle like ford vs chevy?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you guys suggest or is this the same battle like ford vs chevy?

Pretty much, yes.

I've played with them all, and just recently converted to a Droid, although Android OS seems to rock in general.

You really can't go wrong either way, I prefer the whole Android open source market idea.

IPhone

/thread

An industry financial analyst has calculated that AT&T would need to spend approximately $5 billion to bring its network up to a level where it could effectively compete with that of rival Verizon.

Gerard Hallaren, director of research at TownHall Investment Research, says that the public’s perception of AT&T has more than a little basis in fact, and that the effort needed to catch up to its chief rivals could cost AT&T up to $5 billion. Hallaren said during a conference call with AT&T investors that AT&T has been primarily carried by its exclusive iPhone deal but has not been investing in its wireless infrastructure at a sufficient level during the period of that contract, according to a PC World story.

This has led to network shortfalls and customer problems. If AT&T loses its exclusive deal with Apple, as is expected, this could lead to significant revenue reductions. Hallaren and his company accordingly reduced its investment opinion of AT&T from “Favorable” to “Neutral.” Hallaren feels that the choices available to AT&T are stark: “It has a choice to spend or suffer.”

Spending on its network is something that AT&T has not been doing over the last several years, according to statistics presented during the conference call. Especially in the critical category of network improvement expenditures per subscriber, AT&T is a dismal third out of three: Verizon has spent $353, Sprint $310, and AT&T just $308, all during the period 2006 to 2009. Unfortunately, their wireless service shows their lack of spending.

In customer surveys, the iPhone has been repeatedly been rated the favorite of smartphone customers, while AT&T has the worst rating among wireless subscribers. It is easy to see that AT&T’s problems are probably holding sales of the iPhone down. It would be very interesting to see where the iPhone sales numbers would be if they had signed a deal with Verizon rather than AT&T. It is likely that we will be able to find out what difference it would have made later this year, when AT&T’s exclusive deal with the Apple is likely to end.

Not so sure about going with a phone that carries a company that cant support it... but thats just me. Owning an iphone is like having a really pretty girlfriend that has no vagina.

Neither. Do yourself a favor and get a nexus. Why buy a new phone with half the processor speed.

Android > Iphone OS

Iphone hardware > Droid

Nexus hardware = or > Iphone

All three phones can do what you described, but for extra customization/personalization go android and if you want to sprinkle some speed and better hardware on there get a nexus.

Nexus is $179 with a new plan. It will also be $80/month unlimited everything which I am pretty sure is the cheapest too.

:funny:

You get your droid yet ?

Not yet. I'm getting it on my business line instead of my personal line. I cant see paying for it and data plan when I can get it for free in a month and a half.

Neither. Do yourself a favor and get a nexus. Why buy a new phone with half the processor speed.

Android > Iphone OS

Iphone hardware > Droid

All three phones can do what you described, but for extra customization/personalization go android and if you want to sprinkle some speed and better hardware on there get a nexus.

Nexus is $179 with a new plan. It will also be $80/month unlimited everything which I am pretty sure is the cheapest too.

I forgot about that one. Yeah the nexus is like the moto droid on steroids. I didnt see a lot of difference in the overall phone software... but the nexus is an internet surfing dream of a phone. I just wish people would stop with the damn on screen keyboards. HTC makes one on the best keyboards ever and dont use it :(

Edited by V8 Beast

Android > Iphone OS

Iphone hardware > Droid

?? I've never had any issues with speed...

but to answer your question, like mostly everyone has said... (except Putty) go with the Droid.

I showed a couple over the weekend that we went out to dinner with that owns iPhones my Droid and they both said that they wished they would have waited and got a Droid instead of their iPhones.

?? I've never had any issues with speed...

Its not that its slow, its just that the nexus is much faster.

will do everything the droid will.

Except no widgets, no mutlitasking, no doing anything without contacting the mothership (itunes).

It will be a while before the nexus one gets to VZW, when it gets there, I'll be there.

:)

Until then, the Droid will hold me over..I might have to say goodbye to hardware keyboards. I already miss the keyboard from my TP2, seriously best keyboard ever, including a dedicated number row of numbers, you could practically touch type!

Neither at the moment.

Wait and see if a new iPhone comes out in the next month. The software and hardware is due for a upgrade. It may also be coming to another carrier soon, so get ready for that.

...But really, nexus one or droid all the way :) I rooted my droid a few days ago and I'm having plenty of fun with it.

Its not that its slow, its just that the nexus is much faster.

Except no widgets, no mutlitasking, no doing anything without contacting the mothership (itunes).

i have widgets, multitasking, and never use itunes so i think you need to read up