Blown Motor or Oil Pump?

Main3s

I've got a 98 Dakota that is losing oil pressure. The guage will drop to 0 for a bit then jump back up. I thought it was the sending unit at first so I changed it. But that didn't fix the issue. Now when you start it, it will have pressure for a bit then will go to 0 but never go back up. I drove it about 10-15 miles and you could hear the valves chattering. Now it's sitting. If you just let it idle it doesn't sound bad. Does that sound like a bad motor or oil pump? I'm leaning towards pump...(I hope anyway)

Guest Removed

sludge in the oil pan, or and oil drain back holes clogged up. pull the valve covers and check the drain back holes and make sure they are clear. if not, push all the crap down them, then undo the motor mounts and jack the engine up and pull the pan out. sludge is more then likely blocking the pick up tube ..seen this way to many times already.

3.9L?

sludge in the oil pan, or and oil drain back holes clogged up. pull the valve covers and check the drain back holes and make sure they are clear. if not, push all the crap down them, then undo the motor mounts and jack the engine up and pull the pan out. sludge is more then likely blocking the pick up tube ..seen this way to many times already.

3.9L?

This. I'd bet the pump and or sludge it to blame.