Wanted: Women's ONLY Beginner's Course

KillJoy

Tell her to take one of the classes funded by Ohio. I took one last year and it was very relaxed, some guys, some girls. They go out of their way to accommodate new and inexperienced riders. If I were you, id take it with her. Its a good refresher.

Everyone there is learning for the most part and it sounds like there are normally a few other girls in most classes too.

I took the ODot course at the BMV off of W. Broad & 70. I know the class makeup. She just does not think she would feel comfortable, not knowing what to do, and guys "Judging" her...

:rolleyes:

Perhaps I will buy a beater bike and teach her myself :)

KillJoy

I signed up for the BRC last year but work got in the way and I ended up missing it. I wish I would have been able to take it before I began riding. I think there are a lot of little basic things that I missed out on that the class offered that would have been very beneficial while learning.

Who cares if you're being judged by a bunch of people you don't know. You're all there to learn the same thing, and many of the things you are going to be learning will help to make you more safe on the road.

Understanding more about riding on the road Vs. Being judged by strangers

Even people on OR who have been riding for a few years say they pulled some very helpful information from the BRC. Better to set good habits in the beginning.

EDIT: I'm signed up this year and have the dates called off already. I need my endorsement.

They put you on 125's right?

Just tell her it's the easiest way for her to get her license and that you get the insurance cut.

Actually, I took mine on a Buell Blast :D there were only 2 in the class, and I was one of the 2 in the class that had experience riding at the time.

:D

KillJoy

Perhaps I will buy a beater bike and teach her myself :)

KillJoy

Havent heard of any that are women only but everyone there is learning so they wont "judge'' her. If youre looking for something to teach her on i still have this..

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70005&highlight=1979

$700

Edited by Squidward

Actually, I took mine on a Buell Blast :D there were only 2 in the class, and I was one of the 2 in the class that had experience riding at the time.

:D

KillJoy

I had to ride and test on the chinese chopper. :mad: I had to scrape the sissy bars on the side to complete some of the turns at speed. I got a 100% though.

I can understand how she feels. Maybe show her the basics, and from reading the book for her temps she'll learn a little about bikes and how to manuever. My dad taught me to ride using his old Honda CB1000, learning to balance, going straight, and then doing turns. From there, I was going to go to take the course but after I kept riding (and getting better), I eventually just decided to go take the exam for my license. I've been riding for about 10 years now.