Really? I googled it, and it's a scam.

SpaceGhost

They don't want you to answer, I believe, because the scam is to leave you a voicemail and to get you to call them back. If this is the same one I read about, when you call back you get charged some ridiculous amount of money per minute as the call is to a New Zealand province or something.

No voicemail. And no that is the name of the number.

Ha, oh shit! Just looked in my phone and that is the SAME number that has called me. What is the prank exactly? I called it back and it said hit "1" to remove your name from their calling list....

Mine just says "Unknown" though.

Hmm. Hope calling back and putting my name on their "do not call list" didn't do anything harmful.

One of the things I read said that if they get you on the phone they will say they are from a company representing a bunch of different banks. Then they ask you for your credit card number so they can access your account. Who falls for this shit? :confused:

One of the things I read said that if they get you on the phone they will say they are from a company representing a bunch of different banks. Then they ask you for your credit card number so they can access your account. Who falls for this shit? :confused:

Hey, people fall for the Nigerian scams all the time. I wouldn't be surprised.