Centralia, PA

Skinner

I've been there, a friend of mine met me there and we camped out for the weekend at a local campground. Well, we camped one night and pussed out the next and got a hotel because it was fucking freezing. It's always fun popping into small towns and having beers with the locals.

The roads in PA are awesome and it's a great place for a road trip, but the actual coal fire is pretty dull. It's crazy how there's streets but no houses, and every once in a while a house but no neighborhood, but the novelty wears off pretty quick. There's lots of places where steam is coming out of the ground, and a couple of places where there's actual smoke and sulfur coming up. We hiked around as much as we could trying to find something epic and never found it. I think it makes a better story than an actual experience. Still fun for a lark if you're looking for something to do.

I took pictures, but I don't think they were interesting enough for me to have put online anywhere.

the town and road with the fisher would be fun for about a hour. then explorering all the back country and trails would be the fun part. From everything I have read there a couple hundered miles of trails in the area and it's all legal to wheel on. you just have to stay out of the strip mines.