exhaust stud removal

jeffro

is there a trick to getting the bottom passanger side exhaust stud out? some jackass a while back crossthreaded it a while back with an air ratchet. even after removing the starter there still isnt enough room to get a pair of plyers/vise grips on there. also, anyone know if those studs are reverse threaded? this is all thats left before im ready to hit the streets with my new tko.

fuck long tubes on a 2v..just went thru that shit..... not if you have to change the clutch ever. that or your bell housing unbolts..then its not so bad.

With a lift it is easy, the k-member is off in 20 minutes, pop the headers off, temorarily put the kmember back on, do the clutch, and repeat.

With a lift it is easy, the k-member is off in 20 minutes, pop the headers off, temorarily put the kmember back on, do the clutch, and repeat.

key word, with a lift!

fuck pulling the k member. all you have to do is pull the passenger header out, and it comes out with just jacking the motor up, pull the header out, set the motor back down...then the trans comes right out.

fuck pulling the k member. all you have to do is pull the passenger header out, and it comes out with just jacking the motor up, pull the header out, set the motor back down...then the trans comes right out.

Fuck jacking the motor up. All I do is cut a little hole in the exhaust and tell the customer I installed their headers.

Wait - that doesn't seem honest...