IPS FTW!!! NOT...

BlackMess

I dont like looking at the car and it looking like a backyard hillbilly build with 35 worm gear clamps jerry rigged together when I paid BIG bucks for a "CUSTOM IPS FUEL SYSTEM"

You guys dont cut corners when working on vettes do you? But maybe I should have put vette badges on the car and it would have gotten special treatment like plastic fender liners to protect the paint! But why would you treat a 93 rx7 the same as a 2009 vette?

your talking money again..thats not me. u have a problem with a part i built lemme know ill be more than happy to explain whats up. going to bed. my 2yo is still up for some reason

• Downvote 1

I’m sorry to see that this whole thing had to come to this. I personally invested many hours of my time in the car to keep the bill down and to keep the car progressing. I have been an owner of IPS Motorsports for over 6 years now and have never once been called dishonest. As the “Shop Manager” I have worked my ass off trying as hard as I can to make projects go smooth and to make customers happy. IPS exists today because of positive word of mouth. Even though it is nice having the vast majority of our customers leave happy with the service provided, the few that don’t makes us work even harder to be the absolute best at what we do.

Through all of the complications and delays we were very happy to have the car make really good power.

There will be no point / counterpoint about this because in the end it never resolves anything anyway. We wish things could have turned out differently and we would like to wish Jim the best.

Edited by IPS Mike
  • Downvote 1

wow. I feel sorry for you man. IPS need to eaither fix your car and fix it right or refund you some of your money. It's bullshit when shops advertise how well trained they are and how they are perfectionists and just only care about the guys dropping big money and fuck the little guys.

I want IPS side of the story.....

They ran a batter relocation kit for me and drilled a hole in the floor board and WOULD NOT even put a $.08 Grommet around the wire so the metal doesn't cut through the insulation and "Wake" me up when I open the door!

And I do appreciate your work Mike and we have both put out heads together in order to piece this thing together as best as we can! I never once asked you to put one free hour of labor into my car and mentioned SEVERAL times I would wrap it up myself! But your brother is very out of line when it comes to customer loyality and respect for somebody's car! I feel the business would grow if you bought his half out and ran the shop yourself!

And I do appreciate your work Mike and we have both put out heads together in order to piece this thing together as best as we can! I never once asked you to put one free hour of labor into my car and mentioned SEVERAL times I would wrap it up myself! But your brother is very out of line when it comes to customer loyality and respect for somebody's car! I feel the business would grow if you bought his half out and ran the shop yourself!

This will be my last post. Jeff does not work with customers bills or what goes into them. It is my job to get with tech's and determine what goes into each of our customers invoices. Obviously being gone to afghanastan during your build didn't help matters any, but I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Jeff has nothing to do with the cars in the shop, that is 100% my responsibility.

OK:

1) Leave the name calling and personal bashing alone. This is concerning a business and a customer. Jim, please refrain from making the unnecessary comments, just post your side of the facts.

2) This should be between Jim and IPS ONLY! No one else should be stirring the pot, making rude comments, etc.

3) If someone else had an issue with a business, make your own thread. Allow the customer and business to share their points without the other clutter.

4) The parties involved need to run through this like adults. CR is not the place for a war, contrary to popular belief.

I'm deleting ALL posts by other people other than Jim and the employees of IPS. Stay out of this thread unless you're directly involved. I'm not stating this again.

As most of you may not know that I have the IPS logo in my name cause jeff and mike are my brothers.I hear about most of the cars that leave IPS and that 99% are very happy they took there car there.And yes you will get a handfull that do not like in this cause.All shops know that is the number one goal is to make cutomers happy.I have heard good and bad from every shop in the area, so can you satisfy everyone I guess not other wise I would not be hearing things from friends.IM very sorry jim that your not happy with your bumpers.But just to let you know I did fix them for you for free that took 4 hours to do.You can look at your back bumper and no more spider cracks all over it. Mike ask me to help him take your bumpers off and put them on for free to help you out so I did.I understand that you are not happy because of the holes in the bumper still and im sorry I did not get that fixed for you.They were painted before I knew anything about it.Hope all works for you and good luck,Eric
  • Downvote 1

Eric,

Once again were back to this "free" and favor stuff. I understand this was done as sidework which is completely understandable, but $300.00 to me is far from free. Its just simply amazing that there can be sooooo much confusion when it comes to painting 2 bumpers.

This debate is far from the issue of the customer being happy. Happy and taken advantage of are two totally seperate things. It says a tremendous amount about what kind of shop you are to let a vehicle leave in the condition it did and to let a customer leave as unsatisified as me. And I've yet two hear anyone associated with IPS deny the fact that I was taken advanatge of. Like I've said previously we could debate over this issue for years but I have the "truth" in my garage. Before Anthony cleaned up the thread I would have to say consensus says I'm not the only one unsatisified with work you pushed out of your "business". I'm going to put this issue behind me and try to recoup from my severe loss. If I ever get black mess road worthy I may take it to a body shop and see if they will match your $300.00 estimate to fix your admitted screw ups to my car! Like Erik said many months ago. "why don't you worry about why you lose customers, not the customers you already lost. Your arrogance overwhelms you"

Eric,

Once again were back to this "free" and favor stuff. I understand this was done as sidework which is completely understandable, but $300.00 to me is far from free. Its just simply amazing that there can be sooooo much confusion when it comes to painting 2 bumpers.

All im saying is that I did not get a penny to fix both your bumpers on the car.I understand that $300 sounds like alot to paint bumpers but think about it.You have to buy the Paint,Clear,Hardner,Reducer and to pay a painter to paint them.So yes to paint your bumpers thats what it is. Like I told Mike I was not getting paid to fix them. But like I always do I tried to help out.

Why buy oval exhaust tubing because after backing the car off the trailer and pulling it in the garage your $1,000.00 exhaust system becomes oval piping!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/RX7ThrottleBody005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/RX7ThrottleBody009.jpg

Obviously a rubber grommet is asking to much!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/RX7ThrottleBody007.jpg

Oh Hai missing suspension bolt and battery cable dangling under the car!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/RX7ThrottleBody008.jpg

And lastly just wanted to say thanks again for putting some plastic down on my seat before you threw the old drive shaft in!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/RX7ThrottleBody011-1.jpg

The question of the evening is where do you look for the new marker light you dropped off to go in the new bumper? The box of extra parts? the trunk? the tow vehicle that brought the car home? No you guessed it! You have to remove the seat, then remove the carpet and you will find the new marker lens you had dropped off!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/RX7ThrottleBody.jpg

Well after spending the night troubleshooting some electrical gremlins I came to some interesting findings. When the vehicle is stopped it wants to push it self forward. After some research the 4l60e needs to see a constant 12V to lock the converter and 0V to unlock to converter. IPS has that brake wire going to the mazda brake switch. When the mazda brakes are applied it supplies the switch 12V. So at a red light my conveter is locked. Thanks IPS for adding a $4.00 relay in order to reverse the polarity of the wires when the brakes are aplied!

I'm trying to make it clear to future customers on how this shop has treated me. They have done nothing to appologize or even try to make things right. I'm just addressing current issues with the vehicle in hopes IPS will have some answers for me.
  • Upvote 1

I would suggest anyone who feels a business ripped them off (this is any business), should, after trying to sort the issue out with the business professionally,

- File a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB - assuming they are a member)

- If you have enough evidence and proof, at minimum go to small claims court over the issue.

If you are spending thousands of dollars of your hard earned money, you should get what you have paid for, with any product. Example: if you purchase a new A/C unit for your home from a HVAC installer, they install it, and 2 weeks later it goes out due to a mistake in how they installed it, would you be okay paying for the repairs? A car is no different. If they busted your drywall bringing a condenser into your basement, would you not expect them to pay for the repair to your wall?

If there is an issue with working on the car where doing something has the chance of breaking another part (say, taking the door panel off of a 17 year old car could result in a plastic clip breaking), then the customer should be informed that this is a posibility and that the business will not be liable for the repair. It is the customer's choice whether or not to have them proceed with the work.

If you feel ripped off from something, do not ever feel that you should bend over and take it.

Your average honest business owner would be able to make things right one way or another. Never once when I have had an issue at a business has the owner not tried to put the customer first and make it right. The issue was tried to be resolved by the owner of the vehicle and the business owners, but they were not very receptive. I think more an anything its just frustrating when you put the amout of trust into a local shop and get treated in the manner I did. They wouldnt admit to their faults months ago so why would they now? I I'm done fixing the car for now and it will shortly be going to a reputable shop for an estimate to repair all of it's problems. Then proper legal actions will more then likely be taken.

They have done nothing to appologize or even try to make things right. I'm just addressing current issues with the vehicle in hopes IPS will have some answers for me.

Jim,

I am going to post one last time to address this statement you have made multiple times now that is 1000% not true. I was made aware of two problems with the car AFTER it was loaded and on the trailer. Jeff and I both told you to unload it and we would take care of both no questions asked. You declined. Then I offered to write you a check for what fixing the two issues would cost me and you un-politely declined.

If you think that posting pictures of wiring is going to prompt a phone call asking how much compensation you would like for your hard work it isn’t. It simply doesn’t work that way. If you had pointed it out or called me and let me know you were not happy with it (Or anything for that matter) of course it would have been addressed immediately.

This policy isn’t unique to IPS. It is the same at every dealership, Best Buy, Lowes, or restaurant on the planet. If a dealership is given 7 attempts to fix the same problem and it still isn’t fixed you have a reason to look elsewhere. If you take it upon yourself to do things you were not happy with but never let them know prior they don’t owe you a dime. We can’t “Fix” things unless we know there is a problem or you let us know you would like something done differently. If you keep those in your back pocket until the day you pick the car up what do you think could have been done differently? The two things you told me about I offered to take care of on the spot – no questions asked. You told me to fuck off.

Bottom Line: You didn’t want a single issue resolved – you wanted your “Big day” on here and you got it. Us voluntarily fixing every single concern you had with the car wouldn’t make bashing us quite so easy would it?

Jeff spent over an hour on the phone trying to get you to send an email to him on what about the car didn’t meet your expectations prior to you picking it up. I was in the same room and he was essentially begging you to tell us what you were not happy with. You sent nothing.

That’s it, I am off to Germany for the Air Force so if any of this is still going on when I get back I will deal with it then.

Mike

• Downvote 1

You guys had 16 months to fix the issues with the vehicle and you wanted me to leave it for a few more months? There shouldn't even have been issues if you took pride in the "average" persons vehicle! I'm no mechanic but the wiring mess under my carpet was atrocious! I should't have had to ask you to fix that mess! No excuse! You must be crazy to think I was going to leave my vehicle at your place any longer then it was! You offered me $300.00 dollars to fix something that would most likely cost me over $1,000.00. An honest business owner would call the customer and explain to them the vehicle got scratched, or the hood got dented, or your leather seats got stained, not leave it up to the customer to point out! Thats no way to run a business! Many of the issues I was unaware of untill I tore into the car! You guys get work in and out everyday, you know what quality work is and I feel the work that was done on my vehicle is well below that of quality work. Do I feel bad posting factual pictures of the quality of work you push out of your shop?? NO. Tank was the only one that stepped into the thread and explained the issues. Many issues went unexplained. The bottom line is you guys jerked me around for OVER a year and the car still isn't complete. Then you try to make me out to be the bad guy! The amount of money I paid you could have gotten the car FINISHED RIGHT at several other shops. I am trying to put this issue behind me but it's so frustrating everytime I tear into the car I catch more of your mistakes that costs me money not you! I have no respect for the way you run a business and treat your customers. You guys got the best of me and that is something I have to live with. Tell jeff I appreciated his PM that if I am taking the pictures as a way of having one of you guys call me and appologize that I best buy more batteries! Thanks! Like i've mentioned before a shops reputation means a lot to potential customers and I hope this thread has opened peoples eyes. I would love to continue this never ending argument but I have a basketcase in my garage to attend to. Best of luck to you IPS and your future endeavors.

Mods lock this up!