Bodywork/painting positions?

a7x1990

Alright, well I graduated from Lincoln College of Technology(LCT) for collision repair last year in July. Iv tride at every local collision shop and no luck. So if anyone cold help out it would be greatly appreciated. I have a resume with work experience and decent references.

Here are some qualities I can provide: Great body work, Decent paint work, I am experienced in TIG and MIG welding. LCT provided every student with the I-CAR process of collision repair. any questions please feel free to ask.

Your fresh out of shcool. What made you want to go into the field? Do you want to step your skills out farther then body work, and get into custom fabrications?

What is decent paint work? In your opinion what is your downfall when it comes to paint? What makes your great at body work? Did you get into structural repair training while your were there?

Your fresh out of shcool. What made you want to go into the field? Do you want to step your skills out farther then body work, and get into custom fabrications?

What is decent paint work? In your opinion what is your downfall when it comes to paint? What makes your great at body work? Did you get into structural repair training while your were there?

I wanted to get in the field once i started paying attention to all the different custom designs put on to vehicles back when i was 12. Iv always wanted to get into custom fab but i feel it could use some work on since i am new so i figured id try to start at a position i can do. Ill try and put some pics up of one project i did as my first project. it was a 98 ford ranger with bed side damage and I worked on the truck from start to finish at eastland career center. i did the body work, and paint my self and as i was sketchey on my paint abilities it turned out good. we did get into structural repair both class and shop but they did not embellish on it that much. as a group project we worked on a Jeep Grand Cherokee we replaced the driver side upper frame rail. and was expected to finish the jeep past the paint process. My main downfall on my paint skills is primarily my clear coat. Iv done a few good coats already, but every once in a while ill still lay it to wet or dry.

• 1 month later...