Liter bikes...

nochknstrps

Just cause I'll be in my office tomorrow bored to death and I'll need something to kill time. Lets discuss the most common statements associated with Liter bikes...

You don't need liter bike...Noone ever uses all the power of a 1000.

What exactly quantifies using all the power of a liter bike?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets discuss the most common statements associated with Liter bikes...

Your penis is sooooo small

"how small is it"

Your penis is soooo small that you ride a liter bike.

Just be lucky you're not on a 'busa where your penis actually inverts into a vagina.

Meh, a VTwin liter bike isn't the same... it's more like a porky inline 600.

Maybe the guys on the RVTs will argue that 'porky 600' comment since they have a little more power from their Red Wing twins - or maybe the guys on the Ducs and Aprilias. But for me, the SV is just a fun bike... I'll use all of the 120hp it can muster.

are you referring to strictly liter race bikes, or liter I-4 bikes in general...i.e. FZR1000?

i feel like a liter bike would be more bearable in the city where you can cruise on the highway without all the buzz, and the liter bike gives you the option to not shift down when buzzing around the corners, but theres less race oriented bikes out there that can do quite a bit of all that while being a lot more comfortable

but hey, liter bikes make you look so cool when you stand next to them.

Honestly though, the big bore+ bikes have much nicer street manners (low rpm cruising, power on tap without shifting, things others' have been mentioning).

Most people that bitch about 'harnessing the power' of the bigger bikes are hardcore track riders. Or wanna-be hardcore track riders.

Most people that bitch about 'harnessing the power' of the bigger bikes are hardcore track riders. Or wanna-be hardcore track riders.

and on that note, the track is probably the only place where you can wring every cent out of a race bike, though "using the power" doesnt necesarily equate to "using 100% of its capabilities".

It's about the power, not it's turning capabilities; atleast that's what I thought the thread was about. Utilizing the power doesn't mean turning on a track.

I've wrung the shit out of my '03 636 I had for 5 years off and on the track and I never once made fun of others with 1000cc's. It's rediculous.

This past year I kept switching which bike I rode, the zx10 and the 600rr. I have to say the 10 is much more comfortable and easier to ride. I don't have to shift as much. Doesn't run as hot. And I know the speedometer reads to 199 (indicated not actual, I know). And insta-wheelies is always fun (although sometimes really annoying). However, the 600 is a blast to ride. I can toss that thing around like a rag doll.

But back to the original question, I feel I use every HP the 10 has, especially drag racing. I want more (turbo or spray coming if I keep it).

well i rode a r1 for the first time last week, and i DID enjoy have unlimited power clear thru the rpm's.......even in high gears. And there's nothing like breaking a tire loose at 80mph. It felt a little bulky compared to r6 but not a HUGE diff Imho.

now all i need is the power of a 1000 in the body & weight of a 600!!

My 1,000 was better for highspeed wheelies and if I was already rolling, I could bait about anything and smoke it ! after a few years on it , I was a force to be reconed with in the twisties too !! LOL

But, I fell in love with the 750 motor soooooo, That's what I went back to and kept !