C6RS

Tripleskate

I am currently working with a company making a C6RS "Replica" body pieces out of carbon fiber. The fenders are a giant PITA with all the slits / vents and we are deciding on the hood design (I personally am not a huge fan of the existing one) now. I am not a "Body Kit" person but have always loved the C6RS look since seeing Leno's car at the Detroit Auto Show a couple years ago :)

If everything goes as planned (It rarely does) I am hoping to have the finished product(s) on my car by summer :)

Jeff

$240K + for that car is crazy. It is unique for sure but not 1/4 Mil unique lol.

lol yah like the guy said performance wise its no where near the best for your buck.. i guess for rich dummies who want the "best".. That guy had the nerve to call the ZR1 not a super car..

I assume the c6r is the stripped down race version of this?

You would guess wrong.

The C6RS is Pratt & Miller's shot at making a completely badass streetcar based on the C6 chassis with aero derived from the race car.

Oh, and the C6RS actually debuted before the ZR1.

You would guess wrong.

The C6RS is Pratt & Miller's shot at making a completely badass streetcar based on the C6 chassis with aero derived from the race car.

Oh, and the C6RS actually debuted before the ZR1.

So this doesnt have all the race gear?

Nope. They bodywork may be 'derived' from the race car and the engine is built by Katech, but the race car used a 7.0L (instead of the RS's 8.2L E85 fueled LS), coilover suspension (instead of the RS's air suspension), and probably a multitude of other differences. Edited by Mallard

Couple of things-

1. Why is that guy wearing sunglasses and no helmet nor proper race attire on a race track at speed? Makes spring mountain look bad.

2. Why don't we hear what the chick in the passenger seat has to say?

3. That looks like a standard '08 steering wheel with a bit of extra leather wrap.

4. Way overpriced as others have said and did I hear only 600 some hp out of 8.2 liters? Thats about as sad as the viper.

I want my car to sound like that SS at the 2 minute mark. What is that cam'd or just the exhuast making it sound like that? Oh and Corvette was impressive but I'm not a fan of the body work. I would still drive the crap out of it though...in the snow even.

CJ

Couple of things-

1. Why is that guy wearing sunglasses and no helmet nor proper race attire on a race track at speed? Makes spring mountain look bad.

2. Why don't we hear what the chick in the passenger seat has to say?

3. That looks like a standard '08 steering wheel with a bit of extra leather wrap.

4. Way overpriced as others have said and did I hear only 600 some hp out of 8.2 liters? Thats about as sad as the viper.

1. It's a media piece and I would hardly call cruising around the track and occasionally stabbing the throttle 'at speed.'

2. Agreed.

3. The rim is totally different, the center (airbag) is a recovered stock piece.

4. 600 hp and 600 ft-lbs with factory LS7 heads and a 6200 rpm redline is impressive to me, although I'm not sure what type of headers they're using or if they had to pass any emissions or durability tests. And getting 8.2L out of a small block is also impressive.