Its Alive!!

88lx5oh

The viffer is done with all its maintenance aside from an oil change and putting the new tires on..

i had the 2 front intake non vtec valves out of spec, got the new shims and got them adjusted correctly. got new plugs in her, got the coolant flushed and filled, new water pump (it was leaking), deleted the PAIR valve, new DID gold chain, cleaned the sprockets up (they were still in great shape)... started up, warmed up and sounded great! shouldnt have to do any maintenace on her for another 20k miles!

im pumped for riding season to get here. it was good to hear that beautiful V4 sound once again :D

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs179.snc3/20639_1344469487526_1104906712_31075202_2065804_n.jpg

cleaned the sprockets up (they were still in great shape)

Is sprockets wearing usually a 'problem' in motor bikes?

In (pedal) bikes they will start to wear a 'ramp' after a lot of miles, but I would think relatively speaking a motor bike sprocket is stronger than a pedal bike sprocket for safety reasons. Probably also relatively speaking a pedal bike has more of a percentage of 'high' power more of the time than a motor bike that's driven on the street. They try to make those things (sprockets in pedal bikes) as light as possible, but not fail, it's a knives edge game.

I've never been to mid-ohio for bike races before. I love going up for car club racing, a lot more laid back than big race weekends. Let us know when you are going to be up there, it would be fun to come watch.

Jesse they to wear out but I think that is mostly because people do not keep their chain in spec ie tightness and such.

Ryan that's awesome I need to get mine into a shop to get the fork oil changed...I don't know how to do it and am afraid to attempt it without someone looking over my shoulder. I also need to flush my coolant and change the oil adjust the chain etc before riding season comes around.