dear toyota

AJ

Jesus christ, put it in neutral and apply the brakes. Turn off engine. Seriously, I really think it's way too convenient that NOW the government is targeting foreign car makers. I mean really? There is no agenda here?

No?

OOOOOO Kay then.

All these cars will be fixed for free regardless of age an milage and most will never show any signs of accelerating on their own. Frankly I am more pissed when things break on any car magically just after the warranty is up. Let's bitch more about the stuff that we don't pay for. This whole thing is laughable. Ford, GM, and Chrysler have all had major recalls in the past. You have to be very blind to even type the words "Toyota will be DONE if this is true". Seriously? Done huh? :nono:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'll say it right now, with how hip "Green" is getting, 75% of the Priuii (Pural for Prius I think ;) ) could catch fire and burn down many people's homes. Toyota could still sell them, people would just park them outside which is even better because they can show off the "green" car to the neighborhood.

Jesus christ, put it in neutral and apply the brakes. Turn off engine. Seriously, I really think it's way too convenient that NOW the government is targeting foreign car makers. I mean really? There is no agenda here?

o:

Ah but your missing the issue at hand. The problem is when the electronics allow the pedal to think its at WOT the brakes are ineffective and some have stated that the cars cannot be shifted into neutral or turned off.

Remember even if those methods DO work your average modern day Toyota driver that is not familiar with car like this community is and may not be able to think clearly in a panic situation like that, (some shifters are not just push up into neutral anymore either) and by the time they do they are already 100+ mph. On the push button start cars, if they will turn off, the button needs to be held for at least 3 secs, most people will not hold that for 3 secs at high speeds.

The 4 that died in Cali the driver was a police officer, I mean of all people you would think he would know how to safely disable a vehicle.?

Fanboy, aren't you?

How can any automobile enthusiast here be FOR Toyota in the past several years. They used to make cool cars for people who liked cars. Now they make boring shit for people who want A-B transportation.

Where are the Celica All-Tracs, Supras, MR2's??

The same thing could be said for Pontiacs.. so what's your point?

I'll agree with you, Toyota doesn't really have anything recent in the means of a sports car, aside from the up-and-coming FT86. However, they certainly have made remarkable cars in the past. So tell me why anyone wouldn't want to be a Toyota enthusiast, in general?

Let me just get something out there-

For the record, I personally couldn't care less about what Toyota has been accused of, lied about, done shady, etc. because the truth is, every manufacturer does it. I'm not denying it, nor do I care to really get involved.

But, what really irks me is the fact that people are taking this opportunity to give Toyota such a bad reputation. It's almost as if everyone has a personal vendetta(apparently Gonneville does) against Toyota because they've had a nearly impeccable reputation of quality for such a long time, that they will jump on any opportunity to tarnish the name. The fact is, Toyota is just another auto manufacturer just like any other, and makes mistakes just like everyone else has... so what?

I think christian said it best:

I guess you are unaware that almost every manufacturer had accelerator claims. You may be suprised to know that Ford leads the way by far. That includes Toyota.

It'd be short of amazing if any of you did your own damn research before repeating what you hear like so much power of parrot. :)

We could talk about the Chrysler airbag recall all day long that they announced this morning, but I could give two shits about that.. It fucking happens.

Thanks,

Eric.

Not what I have read and watched in the news, I've seen stated they didn't know how, not lack the ability to do so. The one lady went through an entire thickness of a brake pads and rotors. She said she didn't know how to turn it off and didn't think to put it in neutral. Regardless, she shouldn't have been given a license to operate a vehicle in the first place with out knowing those things. The ignorance of the driver is not Toyota's fault, or any manufacturer for that matter. This is the thinking in this country right now, it bugs the shit out of me. These people who have had bad happenings with these cars don't blame themselves at all, it Toyota's fault entirely. While some who have experienced the same thing do exactly what they should do and come out only inconvenienced by calling a tow truck. We don't hear about those people in the media.

You think you get a Pilot's license and not given bad situation training? Food for thought for our driver teaching centers, and DMV tests. You should have to take a road test every 10 years at minimum and demonstrate the ability to handle your self in a "panic" situation and show basic driving skills. Driver's licenses are thought as a right anymore not a privilege.

So many people should not have licenses. I'll explain:

I have an acquaintance who is 70 years old, and has demonstrated that he is pretty much legally blind to me on several occasions. Yet he passes a drivers exam every time it comes around. He is a doctor himself, and knows how bad his eyesight really is, but he says he can get by. I yell at him and say dude you should not be driving at all, but I cannot make him not drive.

As for the officer, whatever I have seen many an officer that despite any training they may have received, they haven't listened and cannot drive. Just because you are a cop doesn't mean you have superior common sense or driving skill. Hell I was told at our CCW class by our instructor that he sees more officers that can't fire a gun properly than that can. I find that more disturbing than any driver training. I would think they should get more firearms training than driving.

When my wife and I got married she hated to drive in the snow and having the car slide on her was the most scary thing. I fixed that because I took her to an empty lot and taught her how to stay calm a how to counter steer a slide and use the accelerator and brakes in frictionless driving. I did this over many seasons. Now I have caught her doing doughnuts. Most people do not take the time to educate themselves in unpredictable situations.

Funny, when I took the MSF class for my Motorcycle license, bad situations and crash avoidance is mainly what the class was about almost entirely. Hmmmmmm

The same thing could be said for Pontiacs.. so what's your point?

Firebirds through 2002. GTO 2004-2006. G8 through to the present. You know, V8 RWD cars...something enthusiast based. Turbocharged Solstice, hell, even the G6 GTP's were more enthusiast oriented then anything Toyota is putting out.

Toyota had the MR2 Spyder....way to ruin what the MR2 was, then cancelled that - the last car that had any chance of being enthusiast oriented. Even the lame FWD Celica was cancelled. Toyota has NOTHING.

Firebirds through 2002. GTO 2004-2006. G8 through to the present. You know, V8 RWD cars...something enthusiast based. Turbocharged Solstice, hell, even the G6 GTP's were more enthusiast oriented then anything Toyota is putting out.

Toyota had the MR2 Spyder....way to ruin what the MR2 was, then cancelled that - the last car that had any chance of being enthusiast oriented. Even the lame FWD Celica was cancelled. Toyota has NOTHING.

I'm sorry, but you wouldn't catch me dead in a Solstice.

Even if it's RWD, Holden, err I mean Pontiac's GTO is hardly anything to get excited over, either... IMO of course.

FYI, the Spyder is the nimblest MR2 they've made to date. Yes, they put it's production to a halt, but they've been using its chassis for the 4WD Hybrid sports car.

.gov wouldnt just target a "Japanese" car company inside the US for some flaw like this, after all, all the economic benefits are happening here (all toyota manuf. and jobs are here). I think they may be legitimately be looking to protect consumers and rejuvenate some trust in the .gov, or distract from the attention on healthcare.

who knows what the motive is really.

he hate me, i agree with you on that to a very short extent. All drivers should have to be taught what to do in different situations before they can get there liscence. But in the case of the toyota cars, your missing the point. Yes, this is all toyotas fault. Do you think people went out and bought there toyota knowing it was going to have these problems? So how can one expect your average person to just know what to do when there car tries to kill them? and the reason this is so publicized is because toyota was known for there quality. Obviously, they have been having some major issues and have and lying about them, so along with it basically scaring the shit out of people, knowing they could be killed by one of those piles of shit, i think there is also just that shock and awe factor right now.

Even if it's RWD, Holden, err I mean Pontiac's GTO is hardly anything to get excited over, either... IMO of course.

FYI, the Spyder is the nimblest MR2 they've made to date. Yes, they put it's production to a halt, but they've been using its chassis for the 4WD Hybrid sports car.

As I said, you are a fanboy.

which will never see the light of day in a production environment.

As I said, you are a fanboy.

Joe, I think you missed the part where I told you I was, and why.

I'll agree with you, Toyota doesn't really have anything recent in the means of a sports car, aside from the up-and-coming FT86. However, they certainly have made remarkable cars in the past. So tell me why anyone wouldn't want to be a Toyota enthusiast, in general?

I feel like the 3rd gen MR-S was more of a return to the 1st gen than a continuation of the 2nd gen. Mine was lots of fun.

This "Problem" reinforces many things I know (and have known for a long time).

1. The average car-driving American is an Idiot, plain and simple.

2. Bandwagon Hating to sound "smart" (modern scapegoating).

3. Americans love to bitch and whine over things that most likely will never affect them.

5. Toyota hasn't made a single car worth noting since the early 90's.

6. All businesses are crooked. Anyone who only bashes Toyota and not almost ALL car companies is full of shit.

7. Did you notice I skipped "4"?

8. I hate 90% of the Drivers on the road.

This "Problem" reinforces many things I know (and have known for a long time).

1. The average car-driving American is an Idiot, plain and simple.

2. Bandwagon Hating to sound "smart" (modern scapegoating).

3. Americans love to bitch and whine over things that most likely will never affect them.

5. Toyota hasn't made a single car worth noting since the early 90's.

6. All businesses are crooked. Anyone who only bashes Toyota and not almost ALL car companies is full of shit.

7. Did you notice I skipped "4"?

8. I hate 90% of the Drivers on the road.

You are 12 years old, and don't know shit, let alone having know shit for a long time.