Sat 2/21/09 Thunder Valley - Tactical Steel Match

flounder

Shooters,

Once again, there will be another long range tactical shooting match for those interested. No one from OR other then myself has shown up yet but the board grows every day thanks to Ben and all the members so I figured I would post the event details in case there are some new members interested.

The match will be held on 2-21-09 (This Saturday) at 10:00 a.m. sharp!

Multiple targets at each station ranging from 200 yards to 2000. You will need 60 -100 rounds. Bring food/water and change of clothes.

Cost is usually $25 to participate and free for spectators.

Make sure to have ear protection.

All new shooters welcome and we will help you along the way.

If you have never shot past 100 or 200 yards and are interested in this, I recommend you give it a shot at least once. Its an incredible feeling to hit a 12 inch disk at over a half mile. (1000 yards) My last time out there (2nd time there) I managed a 3 shot group at 1000 yards within a 6 inch circle. Some of the shooters are sporting custom builds and are engaging the 1 mile (1760 yards) target.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or Tom.

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE RANGE YOUR BOLT IS OUT OF YOUR RIFLE!

Thanks,

Toms contact info is below.

Tom Sarver

Thunder Valley Precision

"We build precision rifles and train you how to use them"

740-502-6530 www.ohio1000yd.com

map-1.jpg

Edited by flounder

I used to do the speed shoot back in the late 80's. I had a wilson custom in 38super. and another 1911a that I built with extended guide rod and internals and all. that was when I went through my gunfighter stage.

This sounds fun, but the only rifles I have left are a M1 carbine ( rockola) and a mini 14 ???

what rifles do you use.

I used to do the speed shoot back in the late 80's. I had a wilson custom in 38super. and another 1911a that I built with extended guide rod and internals and all. that was when I went through my gunfighter stage.

This sounds fun, but the only rifles I have left are a M1 carbine ( rockola) and a mini 14 ???

what rifles do you use.

Im shooting a .308

So, during the shoot yesterday, it was so windy that an Eagle or a hawk (tough to tell which) was actually just hovering in place which made me able to take these pics through my scope at about 450 yards. If someone wanted to, they could have shot it out of mid air at that distance. Thats how still it was hovering, not moving an inch. It was incredible to see it and just watch it hover. Obviously no one would have tried to shoot at it for obvious reasons and and the pic through the scope was just for the photo op.

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg