Supermoto win

Alex L.

indifferent on that statement. supermotos setup correctly can be amazing in the turns, but a sport bike would make it all up, plus more on the following straight away. with an intermediate rider i give the 600cc sport bike the nod.

as the old adage goes:

"there's no replacement for displacement"

indifferent on that statement. supermotos setup correctly can be amazing in the turns, but a sport bike would make it all up, plus more on the following straight away. with an intermediate rider i give the 600cc sport bike the nod.

as the old adage goes:

u fail

hocking hills

Me 400cc > sportbikes

as the old adage goes:

Around here I agree. Go to the gap and sumos will run circles around you and every other bike.

Someone offered to trade one of these that was already Race Ready to my friend trying to sell his truck.

I told him to get IT NOW! He just forgot to mention he had to add another 2k on the deal.

They look like a blast but I think I'd prefer the bike over a SM if I had to choose.

How are they to commute on?

commute wise the drz's and 450s suck on the freeway.

If your going to convert a 450 do a WR or CRF-X. They already has lighting and a wider ratio transmission.

If you have a freeway commute go with a XR650R XR650L, Dr650. Something along those lines (big bore bike).

My next bike will be an uncorked 650R

SM is fun but you have to wind out your shit on the freeway just to obtain a safe cruising speed. Running with streetbikes is a huge PITA.

Because of gearing or more seating position/stance/overall bike geometry?

Is the gearing just overall too short, or too close together so if you gear it correctly for the highway it will be incorrectly geared for lower speeds?

Is the gearing just overall too short, or too close together so if you gear it correctly for the highway it will be incorrectly geared for lower speeds?

Not geared for the highway. My only saving grace with the WR250 is that it came with a 6sp tranny.

You can have a bike geared for freeway and low speeds. One of the few i mentioned above would work best.

Also my DRZ tops out about 100mph.

You can gear almost any bike for freeway. There all dirtbikes and will have a low enough first gear already no matter what sproket combo you run.

Dr350s also have a 6 speed tranny. For anyone wanting a cheap SM. You can buy them and covert em for next to nothing.