painting/drywall.. need some help (not looking for a professional)

V8 Beast

Why do I live on the wrong side of the city! By patch I mean my 130lbs son was pushed into a wall leaving a nice sized butt print .Then there's the top of the steps from the kids thinking throwing their toys was the same as taking them up... Oh and I cant forget the wii remote that went flying out of my daughters hands as she was bowling :mad: All of this happened in a one month period sparking me to fix up and paint the house.

GL Brian I HATE dry wall. I did my 1500 sf basement. The week after I finished my daughter had a birthday party and one of her asshole freinds kicked a hole in it. Needless to say i kicked is ass out of my house. Then my ex told me I was an asshole and out of line :rolleyes:

Im not as much of a newb as I thought. Did one wall and you cant tell..

Yay me!

/London Tipton

I'll call you guys if I run into any issues. So far my dining room is prepped and ready to go. I'm getting that feeling I had the first time I worked in a car by myself. Its not the first time I've done this... but it is the first time I'm doing it right :D

cut out the hole into a square.

then cut a piece of sheetrock 2" wider on all 4 sides than the hole.

then carefully cut out the extra 2" of the sheetrock leaving only the paper on each side.

once this is done what you will have an exact patch for the hole with the "tape" all ready for mud.

its a little time consuming but has great results.

Yup.. I'm a lazy ass. After prepping the house and finishing the dining room I called a professional. Come to find out its only $1000 to paint and fix up my entire house because they are running a discount. WOOOOHOOOO to be not having to paint my bedroom with a cathedral ceiling!