preferred brake pads?

brennan

ordered an exhaust, levers, power commander, and an exhaust hanger. got snobby on the phone, kept getting the run around about my order. finally received it a month later.

wow- i have always had great expierence with them. wow that sucks, but give kneegraggers a ring. they will beat anyones prices on in stock items. did you get the pazzos?

eh if you're doing mostly street with some track I'd say you'll be fine with Galfer or EBC HH pads.

i got the galfer 1375 series and I love them!

i'd say the vesrah rjl's (from stg.com) are more the other way around, if you did more track than street these would be perfect, the rjl's that is.

i've had good experience from kneedraggers.com, but i like stg or indysuperbikes.com simply because they will match any price on the net, even freebay, and it will be at your door in a day or two.

bringing this thread back

there are about 3 types of vesrah pads

recommend a certain one?

this is mostly street riding, but i'm hard on the brakes sometimes

There's actually five types of Vesrah pads. The ones listed in the Parts Unlimited and similar catalogs are what you are wanting if mostly street... I cannot remember what they call them. Maybe just double sintered. Maybe JLs???

Track day stuff:

RJLs. Great basic pad. Was the cat's meow about 5 years ago and is great today... Can get through Parts Unlimited.

SRJLs. Also called the Supers. VERY pricey, but like adding steel braided lines to your bikes. AMAZING stopping power. Instant bite and not for everyone... Actually a couple of compounds of these. Track only or maybe places like STG...

SRJLs Max. As a result of the Supers being a little too much bite for some. More progressive in how they work. Track only. Over $150 per set...

SRJLs XX. More pad and has similar characteristics of the Maxx. Hard to get right now as they are VERY new. They work great, though and are a little tough for me to get used to as I am a Supers guy. Better than the Max only because it has more pad material and seems to not fade AT ALL. Track only as I don't think you can get these anywhere else...

I tried out some Carbon Loraines, but had some serious issues. Can tell you that side bar as I think it was a batch issue and know the distributor as a very good friend. The result was that I am reluctant to use them again, but may try another time this year in case...

I tried out some Carbon Loraines, but had some serious issues. Can tell you that side bar as I think it was a batch issue and know the distributor as a very good friend. The result was that I am reluctant to use them again, but may try another time this year in case...

Yeah I dont think Monte liked those CL's you ran that day either. hahahaha. Man I wish I could have been there to watch that braking experience on the back straight. I probably would have crashed just from watching you shit yourself and me laughing so hard in my helmet.

I don't think there's much of a reason to spend $60-70 on a set of pads for general street use. EBC will work just fine and they're only $30.

I'm sure I'm going to get some arguement from someone about that statement.

Agreed. But, the Vesrah pads everyone is referring to are in the same range as the EBCs. The track day stuff was simply for his reference if he did do any track days...

EBC, Galfer, OEM, etc are all good choices for street. If you are an aggressive street rider, you might want to look at some more serious pads as EBCs are not quite as good as some others out there...