Thanks a bunch Toyota

CRed05

How hard is it to turn off the car when it is running? Did Toyota develop some override that won't allow the key to turn to the off position when the car is moving forward?

"911 PLZ BEAM ME UP SCOTTY OUT OF MAH CAR IT WON'T STOP"

"Sir just turn off the car"

"How do I d...."

Crazy crash into a tree. Dies. lulz

Supposedly with the push button start on the Toyota's it won't allow you to shut off the car in Drive unless you hold the button down for 3 or 5 seconds. Other manufacturer's will shut it down after three quick presses. In a panic what do you think most people will do?

The current systems will kill throttle if you apply throttle then brakes, but still let you apply brakes, then throttle. Thats how it should be.

This is how it should be implemented when/if it's mandated as well.

Supposedly with the push button start on the Toyota's it won't allow you to shut off the car in Drive unless you hold the button down for 3 or 5 seconds. Other manufacturer's will shut it down after three quick presses. In a panic what do you think most people will do?

Well that is just stupid design. Put the button in a place where it would not get pressed by accident. 1 push it will turn on engine if it is off. 1 push to turn off the engine if it is on. Why can't they design it this way?

Fuck this I will never buy a car that doesn't have a key hole for the ignition.

Well that is just stupid design. Put the button in a place where it would not get pressed by accident. 1 push it will turn on engine if it is off. 1 push to turn off the engine if it is on. Why can't they design it this way?

Fuck this I will never buy a car that doesn't have a key hole for the ignition.

One push will turn it off if you're in anything except Drive.

I can only think of a couple awesome 80's cars...

Porsche 959

Porsche 951

Renault R5 TII

I'm sure more will come with time..

What's that in your sig?

Busted

If you don't like toyotas, don't buy them. If the .gov ruins new cars, don't buy them. Okay?