Non-Metallic 5.0 intake manifolds?

Science Abuse

I see the Comp cams version, it seems almost worth it to get the 16lb off the nose of the car.

Anyone have experience with that manifold?

AnyonE know of any other plastic/composite EFI manifolds for the 5.0?

Additionally, I'd heard that the 5.0 is one of ford lightest V8s... true?

Edited by Science Abuse

Guest Removed

with aluminum heads it is a rather light motor, in stock form. the later blocks are rather thin, hence why they split like that do when making major power.

yes the upper is heavy, but i know when i switch one to carb, i end up pulling close to 140 pounds off the nose.

there are alot of upper's out there. guess i'll start weighing them today.

i just got this one in from a customer.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_5402.jpg

interesting to see what the weight difference is on it, but also remember, the shorts ones will kill torque down low on a n/a motor

True, though I'm not as concerned with low end because this will be a road-race motor. Low end can be nice, and then again too much can make accelerating out of low-speed corners tricky.

The modulars, despite being all aluminum, are supposedly pushing 600lb, whereas the 5.0s are only about 450....? Apparently, for $5000, you can get an Aluminum 302 block from Dart.

Guest Removed
but also look at the weight of the dart. most aftermarket block's wiegh 30-40 pounds more then the stock blocks(iron) and 450 with aluminum heads sounds about right. we weight a aluminum headed small block, and aluminum headed big block motors complete one day..surprising the BB only wieght 100 more pounds, but people think they weigh 800 million pounds.