Reynoldsburg house FS - freshly redone home

Nitrousbird

http://her.realliving.com/Property/Details.aspx?PropID=14997358

3 bed, 2 bath, large attached 2-car garage. $124,998

The story: I bought this house off of the original owner that had it built in 1968. Purchased in April 2002. From there, I didn't do a lot to the house. Cleared out the forest of a back yard, fixed some things the previous owner did, and just took care of the place.

I lived it with a couple of different roomates from then until July 2008. At that time, I moved out to move in with my fiancee (wife now). From then, I was renting it, but losing money monthly. Rented it for a little over a year, until the a-holes up and moved out when I upped the rent. They were hard on the house. :(

Since October, I've been working on it. Those who have seen the house from when I lived there vs. now are amazed at the difference - the house is easily the nicest it has ever been since it was built.

The home:

3-level split (front is like a ranch, back is like a split), 3 bedroom house on a quiet Cul-da-sac in Reynoldsburg. Just south of Main St, just east of Brice (very convient location). Never experience an ounce of crime the entire time I've owned this home. Large 2-car garage (24x24), decent sized fenced-in yard. Driveway will hold 4 vehicles. Front curb is very long, so a lot of on-street parking in front of the house as well. Seperate heat / AC in the garage (newer units). Skylights in the kitchen and living room. Fireplace downstairs. Lots of mature trees on the lot - two of the front trees bloom really nicely in the spring. Large, easy to access crawl space allows a lot of storage room.

The bad:

- Back yard could use some cleaning up, which I will do when it warms up if I still have the joint. All easy work - hard stuff has been done long ago

- Fence needs cheap, minor repair where it meets the house

- Needs a full mulch job out front - $50 in mulch and 2 hours will get it done - again, spring time deal.

- No fridge. Stove is older but works fine. Dishwasher is older, but does a really good job.

- Central air unit is old, but works perfectly - never had to sink a dime into it, and have never had a problem with it.

The ugly:

Edit - The downstairs bathroom was gutted, we were going to just do a 1/2 bath. After further consideration, it is now going to be a full bath. Most of what is needed has already been purchased, and I will be going over there today to get the rest of the drywall and cement board hung, and hopefully start on mudding. Will be doing a ceramic tile wall for the shower, hopefully I can get the bathroom done in the next couple of weeks. At that point the ugly = the good. :)

The good:

- Wallpaper pulled from all rooms (took forever), repainted all walls.

- Flooring throughout entire house is brand new. Carpet installed 3/3/10 (never been walked on with shoes since install). Carpet installed upstairs and downstairs. A very nice looking laminate is installed on the 1st floor.

- All new baseboards on downstairs, 1st floor, and bathroom. All other boards / trim has been repainted.

- New lighting throughout most of house. Only places it wasn't changed was laundry room, gutted bathroom, and hallway light (and I kept the lights on the ceiling fans)

- Ceiling fans in all 3 bedrooms - master has a remote control for it.

- Roof and gutters replaced in late 2008. Full tear off.

- Water heater replaced 2008.

- New garage door opener w/ keypad 2008.

- Circuit board for furnace replaced late 2007 (not cheap). Ignitor replaced December 2009. Gas furnace w/ digital programmable thermostat.

- Over-the-range microwave 2008.

- Brand new blinds installed throughout home.

- About 1/2 of the light switches / electrical outlets have been replaced and are brand new. Mostly for looks, as I changed over to white where appropriate.

- Home ran, quad shield RG6 cable in every room (9 outlets total). CAT5e ran to smallest bedroom, living room, and family room.

House is move in ready, and you can move in immediately after closing.

Edited by Nitrousbird

• 2 months later...

TTT, still for sale. Price is lowered.

Lease option is available, but I will need some solid references and backgrounds will be checked, as I will NOT be having someone trash this place...too much work has went into it. I'd rather sell it.

The ugly is now the REALLY good - bathroom has been fully renovated into a brand new, full bath. Ceramic tile shower walls and floor (all matching), recessed lighting above the shower - it's pretty nice in there. A lot of work went into that bathroom, and it shows.