Daytona 200

NinjaNick

but the hayes/bostrom/(buell guy) battle as well as the final laps was sweet...

you should have gone brian!

I have gone from 92-1sh up until 2001. It just got boring and I even helped some buddies and it still sucked.

Watching it on TV is best for camera angles and seeing everything. I knew the Buell would never make it - especially with Danny riding it. He's going to break a few more of those things before the year's out. Love him as a person and great to watch as a rider, but he's hard on shit...

BBoz and Herrin show is what you're gonna see... Little Hacking added and a shot of DiSalvo, but it is Yamaha's championship to be taken away...

what class?

The sportbike class you saw on SPEED... The 600 Supersport or whatever they call it is Pro Am based...

Suzuki will win the 1000 class and Yamaha will win the Daytona Sportbike class...

Mladin and BBoz. Take it to the bank.

no no what class did YOU race in from 92-1ish to 2001?

Oh.... I never raced Daytona. Too hard on equipment and such. Basically, always wanted to and many racers do just Daytona in the AMA series. I chose to do AMA events at VIR, Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta instead of just one.

If you did Daytona, you had to basically rebuild the bike for the normal sprint series you ran. I just couldn't ever justify doing it vs. my normal program...

But, when I did do AMA, I did only 600 stuff. I didn't do 750 stuff until later and never did anything other than Suzuki Cup based stuff...

Ah yes Lizard, the Mladin show, which use to be the Spies and Mladin show. It got old and is still old. I'm so glad Spies went to WSBK. I never liked the kid, but I found myself yelling at the TV when he overtook Haga and held it to the finish of Race 2. I think I will be rooting for Ben for the first time in my life now.:eek: Also, I just can't get into AMA, but I'll watch it.

Ah yes Lizard, the Mladin show, which use to be the Spies and Mladin show. It got old and is still old. I'm so glad Spies went to WSBK. I never liked the kid, but I found myself yelling at the TV when he overtook Haga and held it to the finish of Race 2. I think I will be rooting for Ben for the first time in my life now.:eek: Also, I just can't get into AMA, but I'll watch it.

Wow... You have to be one of the small % of people that don't like Ben. He's a great kid and a serious competitor.

However, it was great to see him go to WSBK. I think it was good for him and not so much for the AMA series. I think the racers are similar to anything such that have some amazing racers.

It isn't that Hacking, Yates, Hayden, Zemke, Duhamel, etc were shit racers. It's that Spies and Mladin were just so much better. They were better riders period. Ben is showing that in doing so well in WSBK already and in pre-season testing. It's rider and that's what Matt will prove this year.

The AMA cut the knees out from under Suzuki. Or so they thought... The team and the riders gel really well. You cannot replace things like the rider and a great crew. It doesn't matter if Mladin was on the Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki. He'd be a dominate threat to win. So would Spies here on any of those bikes.

It's like RC in SX and MX. He was just better than an already amazing field of riders.

Look at this way - If Mladin and Spies were gone, the rest of the field would be almost equal and make for great racing. Thing is, was the racing that great from 3rd on back? That's where you need to ask yourself that question.

I see Pegram (and don't get me wrong, he's good...) and wonder why the hell is a guy like him placing 4th in AMA's supposed premier class? Why aren't the factories wanting to get their top riders on the top/toughest bikes to ride?

I think Hodgson is the second best rider period in AMA right now. He's shown that he can do well on a bike brand that Miguel and Zemke have had YEARS to gel with. Why is it that he can come along and go faster right out of the box and make Honda look at least more competitive than ever before? The rider.

As the year ends, I look to the top five to be 1) Mladin, 2) Hodgson 3) Hayden, 4) Yates, 5) Hayes or BBoz

Wow... You have to be one of the small % of people that don't like Ben. He's a great kid and a serious competitor.

However, it was great to see him go to WSBK. I think it was good for him and not so much for the AMA series. I think the racers are similar to anything such that have some amazing racers.

It isn't that Hacking, Yates, Hayden, Zemke, Duhamel, etc were shit racers. It's that Spies and Mladin were just so much better. They were better riders period. Ben is showing that in doing so well in WSBK already and in pre-season testing. It's rider and that's what Matt will prove this year.

The AMA cut the knees out from under Suzuki. Or so they thought... The team and the riders gel really well. You cannot replace things like the rider and a great crew. It doesn't matter if Mladin was on the Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki. He'd be a dominate threat to win. So would Spies here on any of those bikes.

It's like RC in SX and MX. He was just better than an already amazing field of riders.

Look at this way - If Mladin and Spies were gone, the rest of the field would be almost equal and make for great racing. Thing is, was the racing that great from 3rd on back? That's where you need to ask yourself that question.

I see Pegram (and don't get me wrong, he's good...) and wonder why the hell is a guy like him placing 4th in AMA's supposed premier class? Why aren't the factories wanting to get their top riders on the top/toughest bikes to ride?

I think Hodgson is the second best rider period in AMA right now. He's shown that he can do well on a bike brand that Miguel and Zemke have had YEARS to gel with. Why is it that he can come along and go faster right out of the box and make Honda look at least more competitive than ever before? The rider.

As the year ends, I look to the top five to be 1) Mladin, 2) Hodgson 3) Hayden, 4) Yates, 5) Hayes or BBoz

I totally agree, that's why watching AMA in the past got old to me because I knew who was always going to win..:lol: I like Ben now because he's representing America in WSBK and he's a great rider to do it.:trophy: <---Hopefully goes to him this season. I don't know BEN personally as you know, but I always get the impression from his facial expressions and personality that he is very arrogant. I just labeled him in my head that he would probably be a dick. Now I actually heard Mladin is though...:lol:

But as of now...I'm a true SPIES fan. :bow:

elliot just called. he is sitting in turn 1... a hole

...sure did...shit was SWEET!!!

P1020857.JPG

...emphasis on the space for the "OH SHIT! I missed turn 1"...

I have gone from 92-1sh up until 2001. It just got boring and I even helped some buddies and it still sucked.

Watching it on TV is best for camera angles and seeing everything.

...nothing like being there! I don't know about going every year to the same tracks, but you can't really compare seeing races in person to watching them on TV. I agree about the better camera angles on TV, but I get more of an adrenaline rush when I'm watching the race at the track.

Oh yeah...I forgot...NIGHT RACE!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

P1020855.JPG

......nothing like being there! I don't know about going every year to the same tracks, but you can't really compare seeing races in person to watching them on TV. I agree about the better camera angles on TV, but I get more of an adrenaline rush when I'm watching the race at the track.

Oh yeah...I forgot...NIGHT RACE!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!P1020855.JPG

For me, it is better on TV. I can see more and catch more. I get really bored at the track and seeing I am usually stuck in one spot, it sucks. Of course, this is after being a racer, too. It is hard to be there and not compete. It's really boring...

The action and footage is so much better and even for newbs who are interested in racing, it is better on TV because they can see things clearer and even learn some things or see things they need to be doing.

Of course, at a lot of races, people get together and have a fun time with friends and that's worth something too. I am just saying for me it is boring. I usually stay in the pits with others I know and help out and hang out on hot pit or something. That kills the time and keeps me busy.

Glad you had fun. Night races are cool - especially the REAL night races where you need lights. It's even better when you do it!

It was a good race, but honestly I'm not very impressed with DMG....This is motorcycles not NASCAR....

Ok carry on.

And here is the bottom line... Fans are saying the same thing and it is the fans that will make or break the DMG deal. I as an ex-racer feel they are doing some stupid shit and ignoring the riders and their concerns. However, when the fans think it is BS, there's an issue that will effect DMG where it hurts - the pocket book.

I think the fans will still go to the races, but I think things need to get a whole lot better. I think attendance may suffer slightly, but the sponsors are going to be watching and if it gets worse before better, say so long to the AMA Pro Racing here in the States.