School me on the Dodge Rams

cinergi

I've read through a bit online, but I guess I still don't quite get the break down. I guess I could join a forum, but thought I would see if someone on here would be so kind to help out. I'd ask Scotty, but we know how long that would take.

In my quest for my next DD, I am between a JGC or a Ram truck.

Anyone know what year Scotty's is? I am probably interested in 4wd crew cab models between 00 and 05.

Thanks in advance!!

I arrive from the mountains :D

I've got a 00 Ram Sport 4X4 with the 5.9 (Non-Hemi 360ci). I picked it up when it had about 40K on the clock, and now it sits I believe close to 80K. I have the club cab version, which back then was somewhat considered their "crew" cab, but in today's aspects it's just an extended cab. Haven't really had any issues other than a $15 tranny sensor, fluids, tune up etc.. Granted due to it's pig like nature, I'm lucky to see an average of 13 MPG. So it's not exactly fuel efficient by any means. Now the Hemi became availible in 03, but I say skip it for an 04/05. Diablo Sport has tuning software availible, not to mention a billion parts to free up some MPG's.

I've been leaning towards a Jeep Grand Cherokee myself, for my mom has owned atleast 3 of them and hasn't had too many issues. The only thing I know of is the full time AWD system has a few bugs with them. I've heard of the Hemi Cherokees having a few more issues then in comparison to the 4.7 non-hemi. (Not to mention no need for 16 plugs like the Hemi)

I will say the only 2 trucks I would buy at the moment would be a Dodge or a Ford.