Fuel pump relay ?

BlackMess

Well once again the FD is being a pain in the ass. I go to start it and immediately notice the fuel pump isn't priming. Check out all the wiring and fuses and things check out fine. I replace the paperclip in the high speed relay incase it was defective. I believe the GM PCM sends a 12v signal to the relay and not a ground?? If I were to wire a 30amp relay would the relay be wired as so? gm lead at 86, 85 is ground, 30 is battery, 87 to fuel pump.?

Just thought I'd check because with my luck this damn thing would blow up!

No I just had a few extra relays from when I fixed the torque converter lock up and such, I wired it up up using 10 ga wire. I was just unsure if the pcm delivered 12v or a ground! I never trusted the stock 17 year old relays or the paper clips IPS installed!. O well i'm glad it took a shit in the garage rather then on the highay! Car fired right up! Only thing I could think is that the paper clip IPS installed to bypass the high speed relay was defective and staples happened to be closed so I was unable to source new paper clips! Thanks again for the diagram!