1990 Talon wont go in to gear

BoostedAce

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said, just have someone do a quick check of the slave cylinder movement to see what it does. Make sure its nothing simple. Tackle the hard stuff after.

You want me to come look at it on my day off? This shit is typical dsm crap. I will figure it out, if its something we can fix with a trip to autozone, if the issue takes dropping the tranny ect , then just take it to rob. Your not even modded yet wait till you start having more in your tranny and clutch then your car is worth.

You want me to come look at it on my day off? This shit is typical dsm crap. I will figure it out, if its something we can fix with a trip to autozone, if the issue takes dropping the tranny ect , then just take it to rob. Your not even modded yet wait till you start having more in your tranny and clutch then your car is worth.

Hey man, when is your day off? Im pretty sure pressure plate took a shit on me.

a pressure plate went out? hmmm

I know you are laughing at a PP going out, but it def is suspect considering his situation. I at least think thats why you are hmming.

I know you are laughing at a PP going out, but it def is suspect considering his situation. I at least think thats why you are hmming.

a pressure plate would show signs if it was about to "give out". it would first slip, then not grab at all. maybe your clutch disk broke apart.

a pressure plate would show signs if it was about to "give out". it would first slip, then not grab at all. maybe your clutch disk broke apart.

Your telling me that if he launched the car before he had this problem that he could not have broke his PP? Who knows, but the OP def needs to do some quick checks first and let us know what is up.

The car won't engauge in to any gear because the pressure plate wont return. But my teacher was pissed when I asked him if I could take my trans out tomarrow. I just got the car out of the shop and comming back in. I love it already. So if you have some advice as to trans comming out like replacing shit so I do not have to take it back out soon, that would help. I was thinking TOB for sure and re surface my flywheel if it is needed and hopefully my clutch is fine. If my clutch needs replaced what should i go with ect. stuff like that just so I know.

after market clutch, resurface fly wheel, new tob. etc

and a rear main seal

Ok thanks dude, my teacher said I could not bring it back but he changed his mind today so I dont mind using a lift and not my garage floor. I was %100 going to tow it to you until he gave me the ok.

Make sure you use an OEM shift fork if needed, replace the ball, and ONLY!!! OEM TOB. I would recommend a southbend clutch kit rather than those junk ACT.

Better buy something better then that tiny 20g, then come back.

Haha. Cmon man. That isnt tiny. You dont have to have the fastest car to be the baddest azz. :D