VZB Motorola Droid - Does it?

Akula

I have twice tried to get rid of my Storm 1 and get a Droid. I have twice been told I will hate it and it will suck.

Does it really reboot alot? Does it really suck at active sync? Does it really explode etc?

I would like to roll my own rom on it, will that fix those problems?

Mine reboots occasionally. Really isn't a huge deal to me as it is rare and quick. It doesn't shut down and come back on...just kind of reloads all of the screens.

Don't know about active sync.

I have the Eris and it could be quicker, but the Droid is a lot faster so will probably be more enjoyable.

Mine is rooted and overclocked to twice the original processor speed and doesn't reboot more than once a week.

The standard roms are rock solid for the most part, especially when 2.1 comes out. I'm on a 2.1 dev release custom rom and it is stupid fast.

Best phone I've ever had bar none.

+1

I have had on ocassion (like once a month) SMS Popup will error out and I will reboot... but now I just make a habbit of rebooting it every once in a while and haven't seen that error in months at this point.

seriously, it's the best phone I've ever owned... I showed a couple friends who were both in love with their iPhones my Droid and by the end of it, they were telling me they wished they would have listened to me and bought a Droid.