Medical Question/Help

John Bruh

people spend hundreds per month for car insurance but won't buy health insurance.

Look I buy the rest of the shit you said but how is this even relevant? You have to by law get car insurance to protect the rest of the assholes you can possibly hit and you pretty much have to drive. Not having health insurance is just a risk some people are willing to take, and for the record not one I support, and they aren't putting anyone else at risk by not having it. When that gamble doesn't go their way then they should know what they've had in store for themselves.

Don't assume that b/c his wife is prego that she also has no insurance. She may have a plan of her own. If not then a 200 dollar ulcer is the least of his worries and he should probably sell that brand new bike he just got and pony up for some insurance. Delivering a healthy baby is well over 25k in medical bills and god forbid some additional care be needed b/c that number would quickly grow.

Look I buy the rest of the shit you said but how is this even relevant? You have to by law get car insurance to protect the rest of the assholes you can possibly hit and you pretty much have to drive. Not having health insurance is just a risk some people are willing to take, and for the record not one I support, and they aren't putting anyone else at risk by not having it. When that gamble doesn't go their way then they should know what they've had in store for themselves.

they're putting me at risk for not getting paid to take care of them. it says in your profile that you're an engineer. do you work for free?? its fine if you can afford to pay out of pocket for medical care--if you cannot, you should have health insurance--plain and simple. you don't have to have auto insurance--if you can't afford it, then you don't buy a car. you take the bus.

they're putting me at risk for not getting paid to take care of them. it says in your profile that you're an engineer. do you work for free?? its fine if you can afford to pay out of pocket for medical care--if you cannot, you should have health insurance--plain and simple. you don't have to have auto insurance--if you can't afford it, then you don't buy a car. you take the bus.

Hell has frozen

There is a double standard in this world. Never would an engineer think of working for free of severely discounting his services to crack head prices. Kirk has said what he gets paid to do a knee replacement in the past. I don't remember the exact figure but I do know he does not get paid enough for the investment he has in school, time, and skill.

In my position I have the option to turn away people who don't pay. I generally don't turn them away, we will work something out. If you come to my office in a nice new car, with a pack of marlboros in your pocket the proceed to complain you have have no money, you will be quickly shown the door. I lol when I see someone complain they cannot afford health insurance but the drive a new car they are financing and paying high insurance on.