One Word .... Mamofied (pics added)

GTO1

I figured that I had pushed my AFR 205s as far as I could so I decided to send then back to AFR's designer Tony Mamo to be hand ported. ...the process otherwise know as being Mamofied! He's also porting my Fast 90mm to match along with doing a few other things for me. Build to be detailed here at a later date.

So just in are the flow numbers from Tony. Here's the results in his own words.

AREA UNDER THE CURVE BABY!!

Looks good (your head was a couple of CFM stronger than average on the intake side after I was finished with the work at .500 and .550 lift!).

Oh, and your exhaust is crazy good from the crack of the valve to peak lift....low lifts especially good, some of that from the lighter weight valve and the special backcut I add to that.

Honking real world numbers for a small port!

So here's the results ... my ported AFR 205's are in the first column, The next columns are out of the box AFRs at diferent Bore sizes. Notice that except for 600 on the intake my head now outflow the new AFR 215s and as for the exhaust ... well Tony pretty much said it all. :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/Flow.jpg

Edited by GTO1

Awesome!!!

You just added a solid 20-25 RWHP to your car.

The new cams 227 /230 on a 113 + 1 .614 lift so I'm hoping a bit more than that. Also adding morel lifters and yella terra rockers. The new lightweight REV valves are only 99 grams and I also supplied PAC 1221 dual springs.

Yeah, saw your post on the other site. I bet you can't wait to get this together now, hope everything works out for you.

Hope so too, the piston to valve clearance is going to be tight I think.

The new cams 227 /230 on a 113 + 1 .614 lift so I'm hoping a bit more than that. Also adding morel lifters and yella terra rockers. The new lightweight REV valves are only 99 grams and I also supplied PAC 1221 dual springs.

Awesome!

Probably more like 30-35 RWHP!

Nice shit Russ. What were the old cam spec's?

224 / 228 on a 114 + 4 .600 lift

The heads had been milled to 62cc and we took them down to 61cc. So like I said the PTV clearance will be tight but good we think.

Just got these pics from Tony. They ship Monday if he finishes porting the intake this weekend.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/2006_1201Russell205s0001.jpg

This picture also shows more of the REV valves (Racing Engine Valves, Inc) that he back cut to gain a little extra torque & HP at lower valve lifts

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/2006_1201Russell205s0003.jpg