Looking for 1 or 2 AMP's

CAM09

Hey, I have 2 10"s COZMIK SERIES SUBS (1500 watts on both at peak) that im putting in my car and I need a AMP (cheap but something that can hang) CCA is charging alot for a new amp that I can split power with but if anyone know someone thats selling a cheap amp that will work for a while let me know. the sooner the better.

Thanks Cam.:cool:

hey man i just picked up 2 crunch 1100 watt amps for 150 off ebay. you should find hell of a deal on there. they were used for a month but i had them tested and they worked just fine.

I dont deal with EBAY to much were they from a person or a dealer?

I've got a 4*90WRMS or 2X220@4ohms. “840Watts max” It says 2-ohm stable on it. I don't know if they are talking bridged or not.

fahrenheit q4-840. It's older so I couldn't find detailed specs. It's been sitting in the basement for a while so it's not had a ton of use. Not the prettiest looking thing any more either.

$75? I think I might have a few power and/or RCA that you can have if you pick it up, if you need them.

I got true 1400 watt amp here at the Superstore for 299.99 and a true 3000 watt amp forn 399.99. They are planet audio big bang series and come with proof of wattage. Ive sold these amps for years and can flat out swear that they are real to their stated numbers.

Absolutely no way its even close to the stated wattage. If you wanna know an amps true capabilities simply add up the numbers on the fuses in the amp and multiply them by ten. That number will give the maximum wattage that the amp can put out for any sustained amount of time. I can tell you from experience though that current lanzar amps are not very good amps at all.

Kicker ZX Series Class D monoblocks are nice

So is any JL 500/1/v2 1000/1/v2 anything like that is real nice

Ive had alpines, mtxs, kickers, jls, pioneers, sonys, all sorts of amps.

JL 500/1 Hit the hardest, then my Kicker 800.1 class d monoblock, then my other kicker 350.1

Looks around craigslist

EDIT: 2 seconds on craigslist found me this

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/1635647954.html

ask 125/150 and your golden

Also, split power? What is CCA talking about. Ive ran 2 subs off a monoblock before and they sound great (1 +/- terminal)

its all about how you wire your subs up

I can tell you from experience though that current lanzar amps are not very good amps at all.

That's kind of sad. The amp I was talking about I bought off of a guy who did lots of big stereo stuff. He sold me that amp and a bunch of other stuff to go much bigger. His new setup was all Lanzar and it was loud and sounded decent for that type of system. I was under the impression that at least at one point they made quality stuff. This was a few years ago though.

Yes Lanzar did make good stuff at one time. Probably around ten years ago or so. I don't remember the years exactly. There are many, many good amps out there. Your best bet is to set a spending limit for yourself, then find the best amp for the amount of money you want to spend. Whether you come see me or not, i'll be more than happy to atleast give you some experienced advise. I've been in the car audio industry in one way or another for about 17 years, so there's not much I haven't seen.