Hi

61mmVR6

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Forum 61mmVR6, aka (my son).

That was a good intro +1 rep from me as well.

If you guys need anything at Summit Racing my kid works there.

His "handle" is Evander in Sr Sales.

Chuck

hey brian! glad you joined. good intro. now that its running again, get a good tune on it. not just the mail order. and guys the thing is pretty f'n quick. i did alot of the fab work on it and drove it. traction is a BIG issue. and he still has the stock cv shafts. so if he gets stickies for it you can kiss them by by. lol

hey brian! glad you joined. good intro. now that its running again, get a good tune on it. not just the mail order. and guys the thing is pretty f'n quick. i did alot of the fab work on it and drove it. traction is a BIG issue. and he still has the stock cv shafts. so if he gets stickies for it you can kiss them by by. lol

lol thanks bud. I'll be buying VAGcom from Rosstech soon. It's great for scanning DTCs and datalogging. I can download a sub-program that will let me alter timing and fuel tables. A nice "piggy back" system for under $220 I'll add.

The general word on the drivetrain on these cars is 3rd gear and the factory ring gear is riveted to the carrier are the weak links. No probs because a dog box is over $2,000 and stock trannies are under $200 and pretty simple to swap.

Got it running last week. Still getting used to the ACT 6 puck. Chattery.........