Jeweler Recommendation (ring shopping)

TURBOED

Yeah, that kind of ring shopping. I'll be using one diamond I already have (heirloom) and probably purchasing some others depending on the style I decide to go with. I am hoping to get some custom-made type ideas and not just a "choose from these 10 settings" approach. Anyone have any good rec's? Preferably in the Hilliard/Dublin area, but I can travel if need be.

honeslty, I use an independant diamond guy for our diamonds and then I go to JBR in the Polaris mall, they have always been very good to me. Plus you can't beat their lifetime warrenty... everytime we have any issue, they fix it for free.

Yeah, that kind of ring shopping. I'll be using one diamond I already have (heirloom) and probably purchasing some others depending on the style I decide to go with. I am hoping to get some custom-made type ideas and not just a "choose from these 10 settings" approach. Anyone have any good rec's? Preferably in the Hilliard/Dublin area, but I can travel if need be.

Go to What on Earth located in the Lane Ave shopping center. Ask for Terri Peyton, tell her Marc sent you. Their number is 614-487-0357.

They do some of the best custom work I have ever seen and will get you better quality than your cookie cutter jewelers for less.

-Marc

+1 to John Smith at the Diamond Cellar on Sawmill. Wonderful guy, funny, honest and easy to work with. I saw him 3 times over 5 months before I bought the ring. Once with my girlfriend as a "browsing adventure" and he played along with my idea and pretended never to have met me.

He took out all kinds of diamonds and showed how they are graded, what to look for and how different rings show off things. Never B.S. at all. Asked what my price range was and worked inside of that never offering items that would raise it outside my limits.

Plus free cleanings and warranty work for life. It also came pre appraised for a bit more then it was sold at fully certified.

Go to What on Earth located in the Lane Ave shopping center. Their number is 614-487-0357.

They do some of the best custom work I have ever seen and will get you better quality than your cookie cutter jewelers for less.

-Marc

+1 on that.

And make sure she doesn't take it off when she hits the bars with her friends.

I would steer clear of the diamond cellar, they were by far the most expensive place I visited. One of my buddies paid about 5k more for his wife's ring than I did and it is considerably less carats than my wife's ring, and my wife's ring is a better cut, clarity, and color.

BTW, if you are looking to buy a ring, start reading up on the 3C's.... http://www.bluenile.com is your friend.... there is a lot to be learned.

http://www.bluenile.com is your friend....

This. Since you aleady have a stone I would go on here and build what you want then take it to a local shop like Allens in Westerville or Kessler in Gahanna and have them build up your ring. You can also order your setting off of blue nile and just take it to a jewler to have it set.

I would steer clear of the diamond cellar,

I don't know about that. The ring I picked up was equal to the other jewlers that I visited. I just got amazing customer service there. I went back to them due to the sale guy John Smith. He was great, and I don't like sales people.

To the O.P. shop around and see. Take the few store we mentioned and see who gives you the best service and price. You might find a great sales person who you connect with, and that is what you need.

Go to What on Earth located in the Lane Ave shopping center. Ask for Terri Peyton, tell her Marc sent you. Their number is 614-487-0357.

-Marc

This ^

I went to 3 places. Diamond Cellar... Andrews Jewelers... and Helzberg.

Helzberg was the easiest to deal with and their diamond selection was great (and they threw in the band for free). The only thing they did wrong was that they originally mounted it in a 6 prong setting (i wanted a 4 prong).. i went to pick it up and was like... uhhhhhhhhh? they fixed it within 24 hours.

came out with this...

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v110/157/61/23307162/n23307162_33869573_8762.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v110/157/61/23307162/n23307162_33869574_9194.jpg

simple 4 prong setting (like my mom's), solitaire brilliant cut. just over 1.5 carats... nothing crazy looking or custom designed.. .then again.. all the custom designed bands look too busy for me. Either way, she is happy.