Front mount truck

brent1976

I ordered my front mount turbo for my truck the other day. I'm getting a 76mm, with a .96 ar, 3 1/2" dp, air-air intercooler. I need to pick up some other parts, to complete the kit and it will be ready to go on. They said 6-8 weeks to be made, so I have a little time. Here is a link to what I'm getting plus some up grades to the one in the link..

http://www.trickperformanceproducts.com/turbo_frontpage_intro.htm

Great looking kit. Id like to take a ride with you when its done! Do you think the regular kit would be sufficent for a stockish LS6?

The regular kit is for stockish engines, that aren't pushing high boost at high rpms. There are a lot of guys with stock engines with this kit. I'll look you up when it's all buttoned up.

Sweet, that'll be a fun build and even more fun of a truck. Let me know if you want some friendly assistance.

Thanks for the offer, I may look you up, I have about 20 guys that are offering to help, just to get a ride in it, but we will see how many actually help though.

Good stuff there. Careful with the included DEI heat sheath. Doesn't work too well.

Any goals for power?

I don't really know what to expect, there's a guy with a very similar setup that I am pretty much copying, that has run 10.33@129 on 14psi, but I don't know how much hp he's making.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you ever sell your headers?

No they are still on the truck. They said 6-8 weeks on build time, but will be looking to get rid of them soon.

Also, thats super expensive for a turbo kit. Im sure IPS could make and install this for the same price if not better

That is not how much I paid, but all stainless hot pipes, and everything but injectors, and a few electronic parts, for less than $4000 isn't expensive at all.

I called them to get a boost gauge, injectors, iat sensor, map sensor, boost controller, and the only thing I ordered from them was the boost gauge, 4 weeks ago and I still haven't heard from them.:rolleyes: They pretty much said just go ahead and get the other stuff somewhere else. I was going to spend around $1000, and he sent me away.:confused:

Oh yea, it was my oil pan, not tranny fluid. My oil pan has always leaked about a half a quart between oil changes. Now it seems like it will be about 2 quarts. I'm glad the oil pan is coming off in a couple of weeks for the turbo drain.

• 3 weeks later...
Should be a blast to drive! Would love to see it when it is done.

I'll shoot you a pm when it's done. I have one hell of a pile of stuff in my basement, but the kit isn't here yet. I should have everything here in the next 2-3 weeks, install it and get it tuned. I can't wait:D

• 3 weeks later...

I have 60lb injectors at 3 bar so 72ish lb at 4 bar, 3 bar map, iat sensor, and e-fans here. I'm waiting on e-fan harness, boost gauge, and boost controller. The boost gauge and boost controller are at IPS to be picked up this week, and the e-fan harness should be in the mail.

The turbo kit is packed up and should be shipped tomorrow, so it should be at my shop tuesday. I can't wait. If there is one scratch on anything in the crate, I'm going to kick the shit out of the truck driver.

Can't wait to see it done man ahhh

Have u figured out who is doing the tune yet?

Any. #s ur expecting?

Also what's the weight of the truck if u know it?

I don't know how much boost it will make on the wg spring, but dd boost should be between 7-10psi. I should be 450-500whp there. Then to crank it up it depends on my injectors, but I should be able to get between 14-16psi, out of them, that should be 600+. I don't know how much + exactly, it will all depend on tuning, then after that I will decide on meth injection, or dual fuel pumps or what to go beyond that.

The truck weighs 5000lbs+, but it has a fiberglass bedcover, 2 50lb sub boxes, amps, spare tire, tail gate, lots of potential to lose 400-500lbs easily.

I think I will get it weighed soon, so I will know exactly, because I don't know.

I'm sure you know this, since you're this deep into the truck, but aren't the stepside beds available on short bed 1500's made of fiberglass? Seems like that would offer some super weight savings too.

Either way, very cool build sir!

I'm sure you know this, since you're this deep into the truck, but aren't the stepside beds available on short bed 1500's made of fiberglass? Seems like that would offer some super weight savings too.

Either way, very cool build sir!

Their was a thread on the website I posted about that, and it was like 30lbs difference. The fiberglass is so thick to make it strong enough, that it is almost as heavy as a steel bed.

Oh yea, plus I think they are ugly ass shit.

Everything came in today, kit, boost controller, e-fans are in the truck, and I'm taking next friday off to get it in the truck. Today I ordered a cutout, can't believe I forgot that. I also need to get some 3" exhaust band clamps.

I probably won't sleep at all this week.

Everything came in today, kit, boost controller, e-fans are in the truck, and I'm taking next friday off to get it in the truck. Today I ordered a cutout, can't believe I forgot that. I also need to get some 3" exhaust band clamps.

I probably won't sleep at all this week.

This thing is going to be sick, we will have to meet up sometime so I can see it when it's all done.