Wagner thermo quiet brake pads

V8 Beast

Thoughts on them? After 4 years my hawks have bit the dust and were grinding mee brembos. I grabbed some of the Wagners to hold me down for a month or two while I'm driving the ta to work. Will these things be able to stop me from 130mph at trails?

Thoughts on them? After 4 years my hawks have bit the dust and were grinding mee brembos. I grabbed some of the Wagners to hold me down for a month or two while I'm driving the ta to work. Will these things be able to stop me from 130mph at trails?

EBC yellow is what i use. Only thing you need to do it warm them up a tad and they grip great. I have no idea about wagners.

I believe i paid 100 bucks for a front pair of yellows.

Guest Removed

yes....

the thing with drag racing is, the brakes get heated once......when you stop at the end of the track...

hence why you need a chute mounted at 135mph, but dont need to use it till 150

i used to stop a manual brake, 4 wheel drum nova at kilcare...with regular old shoes. it wasnt as bad with the aerospace brakes, but wasnt much better.

pad material has a lot to do with it...if you use a pad that needs heat in it to grip, at the drag strip. they may not start working soon enough.

yes....

the thing with drag racing is, the brakes get heated once......when you stop at the end of the track...

hence why you need a chute mounted at 135mph, but dont need to use it till 150

i used to stop a manual brake, 4 wheel drum nova at kilcare...with regular old shoes. it wasnt as bad with the aerospace brakes, but wasnt much better.

pad material has a lot to do with it...if you use a pad that needs heat in it to grip, at the drag strip. they may not start working soon enough.

Thanks. Based on how they look I'm guessing I'll only get a year out of them, but if they can stop me thats all I need.

Guest Removed
Thanks. Based on how they look I'm guessing I'll only get a year out of them, but if they can stop me thats all I need.

they should last 10-15k(or longer) stopping at 135 part time

Which hawks were you using?

I just put some Hawk HPS on the daily, (used them on the a6 as well) I really like them a lot. They don't have the initial insta-bite of the OEM pads. But, once they get a little heat in them, they are amazing. Plus they dust less and actualy last a while.

The HP plus pads. I loved them until this year. I know my 15' Welds wont fit over fresh pads that big so I'm experimenting.

The HP+ are geared more towards racing than street use, they very well might take a bit longer than you'd like to heat up.

Oh, and +1 for concrete, be sure to use a name brand vice grip though, don't cheap out on this process.

I rubbed mine against my vinyl siding... I knew I was doing something wrong.

If the hawks have to be heated up I never noticed. But then again I was a virgin to pads until the hawks so I wouldnt know the difference.

I rubbed mine against my vinyl siding... I knew I was doing something wrong.

If the hawks have to be heated up I never noticed. But then again I was a virgin to pads until the hawks so I wouldnt know the difference.

Well, you are starting with a pretty gay brake setup, so you are probably used to fail. :p

Well, you are starting with a pretty gay brake setup, so you are probably used to fail. :p

I has brembos, 3 dot fluid, and a strong right foot that I have to control so that I dont stomp out my diamond plate flooring. My brake set up is full of win!