CCNA Certification

ShoMeSomeFun

Im a pure satcom technician, however company has made some major changes, and now I am required to obtain a CCNA. I know how to load configs into switches and routers but beyond that Im pretty clueless.

I have the sixth addition CCNA study book, with a few CPU programs. I was just wondering if other people have a CCNA and what study tools did you guys use to help get your certification.

Im a pure satcom technician, however company has made some major changes, and now I am required to obtain a CCNA. I know how to load configs into switches and routers but beyond that Im pretty clueless.

I have the sixth addition CCNA study book, with a few CPU programs. I was just wondering if other people have a CCNA and what study tools did you guys use to help get your certification.

Sounds like you are working up from the ground floor. Ideally you want to try and absorb the material over time. Do you have any access to lab/test equipment ?

As far as study guides go, look into CBT Nuggets. I really like their series, and you can stop/rewind/watch parts over and do the exercises on your own lab.

I have a lab here at work that I can mess with (just have to set it up), also the satcom equipment I work with has a Cisco 2800 router w/a switch. And I have plenty of time, Im contractor out here in afghanistan so theres not much else to do besides play madden, and hit the gym.

It seems most people I talk to go the CBT nugget route. Just seeing what other options are out there. Networking is a whole new language to me.

I have a lab here at work that I can mess with (just have to set it up), also the satcom equipment I work with has a Cisco 2800 router w/a switch. And I have plenty of time, Im contractor out here in afghanistan so theres not much else to do besides play madden, and hit the gym.

It seems most people I talk to go the CBT nugget route. Just seeing what other options are out there. Networking is a whole new language to me.

Who are you contracting with? Ive been trying to get on at General Dynamics...

Who are you contracting with? Ive been trying to get on at General Dynamics...

TCS or Telecommunication Systems. GD is alright, but they only pay 120k a year, or 130k if you go to FOBs as well. I maked much more than that. The first 84.5k is tax free from what I understand. Understand though with the surge in afghanistan is making things worse. You'll most likely be double bunked, no personal space available unless you can get to a place that your company has a compound (where im at it just isnt available). Try and score a gig in Iraq or Africa would be my advice, Afghanistan is just a mess right now.

If you want a hook up let me know, were looking for satcom and network techs/engineers right now.